Office Hours: Email for appointment
Hometown: Tallahassee, Florida
Major: Economics / Political Science
Next scheduled RTAC meeting:
RTAC will be meeting Tuesday, December 3rd at 8:00 pm in the Senate Chambers. Members please be on time and requesting organizations please dress in business casual. Requests are heard in the order that they are received. Please feel free to contact me for any questions you may have regarding the process.
Each board member come prepared to discuss the requests and to move efficiently as possible.
For requesting organizations, please confirm your receipt of this email and attendance for Monday’s meeting.
1. The National Council of Negro Women – 8:05 pm
2.The Big Event – 8:25 pm
3. North Florida Meteorological Society- 8: 45 pm
4. FSU Chess Club – 9:05 pm
Resources for Travel Allocations Committee (RTAC)
Policy and Procedure
1. Organizations which received funds in Student Academic Programs or any other A&S Funding board or committee or line item in the annual budget (with the exception of PAC, RTAC or Senate Projects) shall be ineligible to receive funding from RTAC the same fiscal year in which they receive other funding.
2. No organization shall travel more than twice per fiscal year. This can be waived by a 2/3 vote of RTAC or a majority vote of Senate.
3. Every organization must submit a post travel evaluation form to the RTAC committee within 3 weeks of the event to the RTAC box in the SGA Accounting Office.
4. The Budget Committee Chair may appoint an Ex-officio member to RTAC.
5. Organizations can receive up to $2,000 per fiscal year in order to travel. This rule can be waived by a 2/3 vote of RTAC and a majority vote in Senate.
6. Fund Distribution Committees shall not meet during any summer semesters.
7. RSOs requesting funds to be sued in May or June shall request before the end of the Spring term.
8. RSOs requesting funds to be used after July 1, shall go directly to Senate to ask for money out of Senate Projects. At the conclusion of the summer session, the funds distributed to RSOs out of Senate Projects shall be reimbursed from the respective fund distribution committee via a transfer bill.
9. RTAC will only fund in the Travel/Expense, category. The committee may not allocate an OCO item for an RSO.
10. All organizations requesting RTAC funding must be financially certified prior to making a request. At least one financially certified officer must be present at funding hearing.
11. All submissions must be made prior to 12 p.m. on the Friday before the hearing.
12. RTAC will meet on Mondays or Tuesdays during the Fall and Spring semesters.
13. RSOs can only request for funds that will be used within 90 days. A 2/3 vote of RTAC can override this rule.
14. RSOs must submit additional material including quotes (airline ticket quotes, rental quotes, hotel quotes, etc.) a letter of explanation regarding the travel, a list of students traveling with explanations on when the students were individually selected, a breakdown of all costs, and justification of the benefit to the student body in general. Travel which will solely benefit the individual traveling will not be permitted.
15. The information obtained at the RTAC meeting will be compiled into a resolution by the committee’s Chairperson. This resolution will be presented at the next possible Budget Committee meeting and shall only be debated on if there are objections. The sponsor of the resolution shall forward the resolution to the Student Government Webmaster. If no objections are entertained, the resolution shall be forwarded to the Senate and placed on the Consent Calendar.
16. Once on the Consent Calendar, the RTAC resolution shall be presented to the Student Senate. Debate on the resolution will only be heard upon an objection to the resolution. In order for an amendment to pass in the Budget Committee or Senate, there must be a 2/3 vote.
i. A one-tenth (1/10) vote is required for an objection to be upheld.
ii. If a one-tenth (1/10) vote of Senate is not reached after an objection to the Consent Calendar, then the resolution shall pass as presented.
PLEASE BRING 8 COPIES OF YOUR ENTIRE REQUEST (INCLUDING ANY PERTINENT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION) TO YOUR HEARING.