Printing with Student Publications


Printing Process:


Make sure you have a ream of unopen Hammermill Premium Multipurpose 24-pound paper (see below). We cannot start the print request without paper provided by your RSO. Unfortunately, we cannot accept other forms of paper as they cause the printer to jam. For most print jobs, we offer same day printing.  Finished print jobs will be located on the pick-up tray to the right of the elevators. If we are backed up, it is a large print job, or if it is Friday after 3pm you may experience a longer than normal wait time. We do not print on: weekends, finals week, holidays. 

There are two options to printing with us: 
  1. Send us an email inquiry to with the pdf image of what you would like printed. Please be sure to review the design requirements below to ensure that your flyer/handbill follows the SGA print policy. In the email, you must specify # of prints and the format i.e. 20 flyers, 10 handbills etc. We CANNOT start the print job until you have dropped the paper off at the office. 
  2. Stop by the office during the following times for in-person print job requests: 

Mondays: 12pm - 4:30pm
Tuesdays: 1pm - 4:30pm
Wednesdays: 11am - 4:30pm
Thursdays: 1pm - 5:30pm
Fridays: 11am - 4:30pm 


If you already have a design that you need printed:


If you don’t have a design and you need it printed:



Who can print? 

Registered Student Organizations may print 500 sheets with Student Publications each semester. We cannot serve organizations who did not re-recognize, a process that requires organizations to renew their status as an RSO. If you are wondering if an organization has been re-recognized, you can search them up here:


Student Publications does cannot directly support individual fraternities and sororities that are primarily social, because they do not receive direct support from SGA. However, we CAN serve the umbrella organizations (aka Greek Councils). These include: Pan-Hellenic Council (Panhellenic), Interfraternity Council (IFC), National Panhellenic Council (NPHC) and Multicultural Greek Council (MGC).


What are the design requirements? 


We will NOT print for an event if:

























What are the file requirements?


Your design will print best if it meets the following criteria:


What paper is accepted?















For general printing, please provide a ream of Hammermill Premium Multipurpose 24 pound paper, as shown.

This paper is the most compatible with our printer as it does not jam. The paper will need to be provided in its original packaging so that it can be identified as approved paper.




















For heavy weight printing, please dull finish cardstock in at 67 lbs or heavier.





















For large format printing, please provide a roll of HP Universal 24" Wide Format Coated Paper, either unit number Q1412A or Q1412B.

For best color and quality please provide HP C1860A DesignJet Bond Wide Format Roll, 24" x 150', 24 Lb With ColorPro Technology Item #643068

Where can paper be purchased? 

Approved paper may be purchased from one of FSU’s approved vendors such as Office Depot. It may also be purchased online. Student Publications does not sell nor store paper.


What other services are available?




  • Registered Student Organization members are able to use the large paper trimmers in the Student Publications office to trim posters and cut apart handbills.




  • A laminator is available for use as long as 8.5”x11” or 11”x17” lamination sheets are provided.




Student Publications offers two sizes of buttons. Registered Student Organizations must provide approved materials and are permitted to use the button cutters and button presses on-site in the Student Publications Office. Approved supplies may be ordered here: