Printing with Student Publications
If you already have a design that you need printed:
- Come to Student Publications in person with your paper (please note we do not take email print requests) and a way to transmit your file. USB, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or Google Drive works best!
- For most print jobs, we will print it for you then and have it ready for you shortly. If it is a large print job or we’re backed up, we will offer to email you once the job is complete instead of making you wait.
- If your file doesn’t have logos on it or they’re too small, you may be asked to modify your design.
If you don’t have a design and you need it printed:
- Complete and submit the design request form at https://sga.fsu.edu/designrequest. Please note it takes at least 10 business days to complete a design.
- Communicate with your designer about any edits/changes after they email a first proof of your requested design.
- Once you have approved a final design, come to Student Publications and proceed with a print request as normal by bringing your paper and letting us know what finishing options you’d like. The only difference is that you won’t need to transmit the file, since we will already have it.
Who can print?
Registered Student Organizations may print 500 sheets with Student Publications each semester. We cannot serve organizations who did not re-recognize, a process that requires organizations to renew their status as an RSO. If you are wondering if an organization has been re-recognized, you can search them up here: nolecentral.dsa.fsu.edu/organizations.
Student Publications does cannot directly support individual fraternities and sororities that are primarily social
, because they do not receive direct support from SGA.
However, we CAN
serve the umbrella organizations (aka Greek Councils). These include: Pan-Hellenic Council (Panhellenic), Interfraternity Council (IFC), National Panhellenic Council (NPHC) and Multicultural Greek Council (MGC).
What are the design requirements?
We will NOT print for an event if:
- It promotes fundraising
- It is held at a private residence
- It requires an FSU student to pay a fee or donation to attend the event
- It promotes a campus political party (those running for campus office)
- It does not have the SGA and appropriate RSO logos. (All materials printed by Student Publications must include the SGA logo at 1/30th the size of the document. Please use the following guides to verify that your logo is the proper size.)
What are the file requirements?
Your design will print best if it meets the following criteria:
- PDF file type
- 300 dpi
- Document size is equal to the final print size
What paper is accepted?
For general printing, please provide a ream of Hammermill Premium Multipurpose 24 pound paper, as shown.
This paper is the most compatible with our printer as it does not jam. The paper will need to be provided in its original packaging so that it can be identified as approved paper.
For heavy weight printing, please dull finish cardstock in at 67 lbs or heavier.
For large format printing, please provide a roll of HP Universal 24" Wide Format Coated Paper, either unit number Q1412A or Q1412B.
Where can paper be purchased?
Approved paper may be purchased from one of FSU’s approved vendors such as Office Depot. It may also be purchased online. Student Publications does not sell nor store paper.
What other services are available?
- Registered Student Organization members are able to use the large paper trimmers in the Student Publications office to trim posters and cut apart handbills.
- A laminator is available for use as long as 8.5”x11” or 11”x17” lamination sheets are provided.
Student Publications offers two sizes of buttons. Registered Student Organizations must provide approved materials and are permitted to use the button cutters and button presses on-site in the Student Publications Office. Approved supplies may be ordered here: