STUDENT GOVERNANCE & ADVOCACY
The staff of the Department of Student Governance & Advocacy at Florida State University assist students in reaching their full potential. With a focus on leadership and identity development, belonging and inclusion, civic engagement and participation, and financial responsibility and stewardship, SGA staff advocate and support traditions, initiatives, and communities that benefit the student body.
- We believe that SGA offers students hands-on, experiential, outside of the classroom learning.
- We believe that advising the students of SGA is a situational process of challenge and support.
- We believe that diversity of thoughts, ideas, and identities bring a richer, more educational dialogue to leadership and the campus community as a whole.
- We believe that all students have the potential to serve, lead, advocate on behalf of their peers, create change, and be positive financial stewards of their funds.
- We believe that students learn through engaging in the leadership process and that the limitless opportunities within SGA is a venue to practice that leadership and hone their skills.
Student Governance & Advocacy Staff