



**75th Student Senate
Programming Allocation Committee
3-18-24**

Call to Order: 6:32

Members Present: Tascon, Ahuja, Staveski, Srivastava, Brown

Members Tardy:

Members Absent: Huynh, Holliday, Broe

Guests:

Announcements:

- Chair –
- Vice Chair –
- Members –

Committee Business:

- **Alliance for Black Women**
- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/8RyNXiz4jicT92ASCiL0NQYalG8WeD-taLX1IQKGR%2EuM1qLioM4rYQxAXMAiIs2ZEIUSGZiZE0thSF8tHSZX8D3b383OCYrVvBgDqNvP46cFya8iyBtVyG2Ql4885F70pdOaorwgewvEHkFY8r0mdJyVWRzwR%2E8goylLz%2Et1kgy1DpbKxRnXQNZYdR0gh1fy4W05eaH3HofF30bgfm2ZJIIXS289jreDmgR9IRjs2GJLQal9ySvNu4ThdfaTskH%2E03yRQjnPXhq9zHLynf7S8rXojp2llue33Nk6R66QaoUFeLLu5dQYe7xQDJnHmaesEIRQziN5A9EiYsO7tl8zYw>
 - **Preliminary Questions:**
 - Asking for: \$1167.80
 - Date Request Submitted: 3/7 (second request)
 - Date of Event: 3/30/24 6-9PM
 - Number of Active Members: 106
 - Number expected to come: 65
 - Fundraised: \$3180
- **Opening:**

Speaker 1: Hello, I am with The Alliance for Black Women to Empowerment Sisters of the Anne Service. Our president is Seriah Kercy. Our vice president is Alexis Mitchell-

McIntosh. And I am our Arieahna Ramos. Today, we are requesting funding for our Infinite Shades of Womanhood event. It's going to celebrate all women on campus. And there is no exact date for this yet. It was planned for March 30th or March 29th. But given the way that PAC goes, we're pushing that back a little bit. And we'll have an exact date from what tend to assume.

So, some of our requests are food, photos, decorations, awards, and then rotunda. So for the first food item, we have jazzy potts. The total is \$860, which includes corn, garlic bread, pasta, salad, and spaghetti. Then it's Olive Garden, which is 1,015.88. There's three different types of noodles that are provided, as well as sauces and proteins. There's 24 breads, and there's a family salad, and it feeds up to 12 people. We're going to need seven of those. And it comes with plates and silverware. For Red Lobster, it ranges in price from \$1,019 to \$1,153. The price depends on how much salad we end up ordering. But there is Cajun chicken, alfredo, cheddar biscuits, and Caesar salad. Next, we have desserts. We have Publix, Sam's, and Sam's cupcakes. For the Sam's cake, it will be \$40.98. And then the cupcakes are \$47.94. And then the Publix cake is \$29.89. But we would need more than one.

For photos, we have agate, which is \$200 per hour, and then \$100 every hour afterwards. Chak files is \$450 for the entire event. And then my maiahvignettes is starting at \$300, and then \$50 extra an hour.

So for decorations, we have the balloon arch, which is \$12.99 for the first one, \$6.99 for the second, and then \$18.99 for the third. They all follow the similar black and gold theme. The backdrop also follows the black and gold theme, which is \$9.96 for the first one, \$9.88 for the second, \$15.99 for the third. And the tablecloth is \$20.99 for the first, \$21.99 for the second, and \$19.99 for the third, as far as plates. As far as plates, oasis is \$31.49 because it's 60 plates, 30 of those being dinner plates, and 30 of those being dessert. The next one is \$44.99 with Prime. Without Prime, it is more expensive. It's 150 plates, and it also includes a silverware. And then the last one is \$129.79 with Prime. Without Prime, it is more expensive, with 175 total. But that's 25 cups, 25 napkins, silverware, dinners, plates, and dessert plates. It's \$25 for all of them. And then for the awards, we have a certificate of achievement, which is \$14.99, but then the two trophies. The first one from Bedouinna is \$16.89, which is 12 trophies. And then the next is from Jueville, which is \$13.99 for also 12 trophies. And then Rotunda, I briefly spoke about before, but we are getting in touch with them to get another date. That is \$200. And then that's all. Thank you so much.

Questioning:

Brown: So for one of the photography options, you mentioned that for every extra hour after the first hour or something, I believe, it was an additional \$100. How long is the event going to run for?

Speaker: The event should be like two to three hours.

Staveski: Do you have a preferred food vendor? Sorry if you mentioned that.

Speaker: You're fine. Olive Garden would be good, because it already comes with the plates and silverware. So I was like, that's preferred.

Staveski: Do you know if any of your photographers are approved vendors?

Speaker: At this moment, I do not. But it's something that you need to know for the next meeting, so I can figure that out and then email it to you.

Staveski: Do you have a preferred photographer? I haven't.

Speaker: The first one

Ahuja: Do you have a preferred dessert option?

Speaker: Let me go to the desserts. For this, it's up to you guys. If you guys have any input, the cheapest option is fine.

Staveski: So a quick question about the event as a whole. I think you might have mentioned this, but how many people are you expecting? And of those people, are you anticipating them all being from your organization, or are you thinking some other students will come?

Speaker: We're expecting more than 60, and it is going to be a collaboration with other women events. I mean, other women organizations. We're hosting the event, but we are inviting them because we're celebrating all women across FSU campus. So it's going to be more than just our organization.

Staveski: And how do the awards work?

Speaker: As far as the awards go, anyone is able to put people up for nominations. A male could fill it out. It doesn't really matter who's filling out the application to put someone up. But someone who has the most votes in a specific category, they would get the award. So it's really just up to whoever people nominate the most and vote for it.

Staveski: OK, who can vote?

Speaker: Anyone can vote.

Brown: How many active members do you guys have right now?

Speaker: 106.

Brown: How many people do you anticipate being at this event if you haven't already said?

Speaker: 60 plus.

Staveski: We have a really quick question about the awards. Did you know the trophies and the certificates, or just one or the other?

Speaker: One or the other.

Staveski: Oh, perfect. OK. Do you happen to know where the certificates are from?

Speaker: Amazon, all of it.

Staveski: Oh, amazing. Do you have a preference over certificates or trophies?

Speaker: No both are fine

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

Staveski: Ok I am checking the financial manual to make sure we can fund the awards.

It's a little confusing in the language it says prohibited purchases are, you might just have

it up. Any awards, certificates, or plaques over \$35 or awards of any nature other than certificates, trophies, or plaques over \$35. Does that mean unless it's more than \$35 you can't fund it? Which doesn't seem to make sense.

Ahuja: That doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you say that you can fund expensive awards but not cheap ones? Like, so it's going to have to be over \$35?

Staveski: Awards shall be restricted to trophies. Oh, hang on. Awards will be restricted to trophies, plaques, and certificates. The way the recipient of any award or will be decided must be submitted to the student body treasurer at the same time as the expenditure. Under no circumstances may this category be used to purchase personal gifts. Any single award costing an excess of 75 dollars shall require the approval of the Senate Finance Committee by a majority vote. OK, wait. So I think we're good. I think they meant, like, if it's over \$35, you can't do it. Yeah, I think it's just a mistake. So here's what we're going to do. Let's proceed as if we can fund it, and then I'll email Andy for approval. Because it seems like we can fund it, because it says, you have to send approval to the student body treasurer at the same time as the expenditure, which is fine. How does everyone feel about this request in general.

Ahuja: Overall, I think it's pretty good. She said 60 plus, and over 1,000 for food seems a little high. But that's my main concern, especially as we're getting towards the end of the year.

Brown: Now, as a person, it's kind of a lot. Yeah. I mean, I doubt olive garden costs that much. This must feed more than sixty people.

Srivastava: I have a question. What's the total amount they requested?

Staveski: It's like \$2,600, so it's not even a lot. That's not that much. I mean, if they want to use most of it towards food, I mean, I guess that's their decision, but I think 60 is good and all. Oh, the food feeds 84 people, by the way. OK. So it's really \$12 a person. I feel better about that than if it's \$20. Yeah. We've funded something last week that was like a cool \$20, \$15, or \$20 a person. So it might have been \$15.

Ahuja: Oh, yeah, that was like, yeah, that was \$15 per person. Yeah, yeah, but it was still, I was like, damn, OK. But first come, first serve. OK, so food, we want to fully fund them for the Olive Garden. I'm just confused on where the number comes from for the \$1153.80. Because if you put Olive Garden and then the cheapest cake together, that's not \$1153.

Staveski: I'm not sure. What is it, more or less?

Ahuja: Oh, less.

Staveski: Yeah, OK. OK, maybe they were counting the plates.

Ahuja: I thought maybe they were just counting red lobster, because the red lobster price is \$1153.80. But then they're saying they don't want dessert, because that's what they asked for in the request. So maybe we could just add the total ourselves into that.

Staveski: It probably just made a mistake. I think we should take their quotes and then make new prices. Does that make sense? Does that sound good to you?

Ahuja: Yeah, no, I think we should give them based on what they said they wanted. So yeah, I will do that math.

Staveski: OK, so Olive Garden plus the cheapest dessert option, which is public.

Ahuja: It wasn't any more than one public cake, though. Well, I was going to do the Sam's cake, because they didn't say more than one. That one's only 40.

Staveski: Sounds great. Oh, and then also we need to remember to, for their expenses, take out the silverware, because Olive Garden gives it to them. OK, so then for Agath photography, that would be \$300 to the photographer. How do we feel about that?

Ahuja: Yeah, you're nice. My thinking is that, I mean, if anybody can go to the event, I guess the photos would be open and available to the entire student body. So I don't think there's a concern there.

Brown: Yeah, I don't have a problem with that. And I don't know what the going rate for photographers in the Tally area is, but that sounds pretty reasonable.

Srivastava: That is the going rate, because my friends, the photographer, it's like \$300. They all start at like \$300, so yeah, that's pretty normal.

Staveski: OK, and then the cheapest balloon arch is \$6.99. And do a lot of funding fully for expenses. It'll end up being like \$15 if we do that. Oh, wait, I need a tablecloth, too. I lied. OK, I'm doing math right now. OK, so for a tablecloth, a backdrop, and a balloon arch, it'll be \$36. Sounds good to me. OK, amazing. And they're all from Amazon, so I'm not going to run into issues with the vendors being approved. Yeah, there are no plates or silverware. Anoushka, we're going to have plates and silverware with Olive Garden.

Ahuja: Yeah, they said they had everything they needed with Olive Garden.

Staveski: That's right, they're with Olive Garden. Sounds great to me. OK, and then the awards. Yes. Do we want to fund the awards fully, too, guys?

Ahuja: The only thing I'm confused about with the awards is that the certificates, you get 25, but then the trophies only get 12. So are they planning on giving out like 24, and they need two of them? Because they didn't specify that.

Staveski: I mean, my impression would be that 25 people would be getting certificates, and then 12 people would be getting trophies.

Ahuja: Oh, so you think they wanted both?

Staveski: Yeah, we can bring them back in. Let's ask. Yeah, I thought you only wanted one of them. That's right. OK. Because if someone wants one, then I'm going to go with the trophies, because the certificates are on Amazon, and the trophies are clearly from Amazon. I don't know where the other ones are from.

Staveski: Oh, Anoushka, you were totally right. Thank you for asking, because, OK. Thank you for asking, because we would have made a mistake. So certificates, we're going to add. Should we do the certificates, because for \$15, they can get 25? Yeah. Should we do \$12?

Ahuja: I mean, if they have no preference, they might as well get them what gives them the most out of the money.

Brown: Yeah, I would agree. And if they don't use all the certificates, like if they only need \$12, that gives them, well, \$13 for next year if they do this event, too. So I would get the certificates.

Staveski: OK, so that brings us to, I might be wrong about this. Oh, they're rotunda. They need \$200 for the rotunda. We're going to need to do the math together, Anoushka, because it's not a good guarantee out.

Ahuja: Would photos be under contractual services and the rotunda?

Staveski: Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Ahuja: OK, because right now on the request, they have it all as expenses.

- **Closing: Motion to fund the amounts of: \$1056.86 in food, \$500 in contractual services, \$36.86 in expenses, and \$14.99 in clothing and awards.**

Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.

- **Yay: Ahuja, Brown, Srivastava**
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

Funding Total: \$1608.71

- **Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS)**

- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/mNVYk7%2Evhn9ikux756shJiKu8hUqElrTYAP4Nm8AzcpDt3Scm79ESG2BmXBio97SpWW%2EtjTMXP5LELMpLcMy%2E5ge9eYUAEjd5VdOAPtflUPjxE29TDR4qiYgJuSRo-0wMhwl865S%2EUAVU1NQqKCzHoIOZr0Clq0T7nMyN5%2E1pKIkJA2gC7uIEx6%2ERwTi0RvnbSqCuFar%2E%2ECmzKbO7Z3P-Db42OKwSjkgx6Yctw4acQ9g-7TqTuS%2ETvDE37WnKMO-dnw%2EI8-MKNwfgSKMSBdJAz4awe72%2Ejte%2EbxE1a0TW5VLVyx9P62GJIEzc3fEj58yudyhCQvgPOxq0YIKDnmwmg>

- **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for: 500
- Date Request Submitted: 3/7
- Date of Event: N/A
- Number of Active Members: 33
- Number expected to come: N/A
- Fundraised: \$600

- **Opening:**

Speaker: So yeah, we're here to represent SEDS at FAMU, FSU, which is essentially we're starting at FSU. And we're a club dedicated to development and exploration of space and really getting students engaged in that process. We're a super new club. So this is practically our second semester. And what we're asking for is we'd like our own t-shirts. We'd like to be able to get SGA support and SGA funding for t-shirts for our club members so that they can represent our organization at, around, but also off of campus at the various events that we have. These various events include community outreach, such as the Tallahassee Science Festival and MagLab open house events that we do. So we try to get involved with the community. We've got an annual space vision conference, which we attended a different state. I apologize. And then also we've got just like lots of events around Tallahassee, such as the Tallahassee Starkeeping events that we host once in a while. And so, yeah, we really just like SGA support in being able to fund t-shirts for our club. All members are to receive t-shirts. And of course, any FSU student can't be a member. And we'd like to have the t-shirts given, distributed to our club within the extent of the semester, essentially. Our cutoff date is kind of the end of April. And so, essentially, by taking the load of the cost of t-shirts off of our organization, we're better to engage other events, such as some of our community outreach events that we do. We'll have more funding to allocate to that. And then also we've got various FSU service events. So for example, we have stargazing nights that are open to all FSU students. And for example, we're trying to get potential guest speakers to come in. We've spoken with a

couple ex-astronauts and current astronauts, for example, about possibly getting them to come talk to our club and come talk to FSU. And these are all different events that we'd be able to do if we were able to allocate more money towards those things and away from our club t-shirts. And so, we sent in three quotes. We believe that the full press apparel quote for \$495 would be the best bargain because despite the slightly higher potential possible per unit price, we believe that their quality would be best and they would be best at accommodating our needs. This is because they've been flexible and responsive. And also t-shirt prices still remain below \$10 a unit. And yeah, so I mean, lastly, club advertising is always done at involvement fairs. We plan to also market and kind of get our word out a little bit more on Market Wednesdays in the coming weeks and months. Thank you.

Questioning:

Staveski: Have you guys heard of the organizational fund?

Speaker: We have not, no.

Staveski: Okay, so the Organizational Fund is specifically for FSU organizations that are like getting like starting up. So, it's like startup funding. So, we usually send you guys to the org fund and then say that you can come back to PAC. Because you can only get funded by PAC twice per fiscal year. But the fiscal year is ending July, June 30th. So, the Organizational Fund, you can get \$500 in startup funds from them and then come back to PAC for additional funding if you need it. But I don't know how long the Organizational Fund is going to take on trying. I've been texting people. No one is answering me right now.

Speaker: Yeah, like I said, we'd love to really meet our deadline of having these t-shirts dispersed by the semester if possible.

Staveski: Ok I will find out some more info about the org fund but we can proceed for now. The only think I am unsure about with that is if there is a semester cutoff for which an RSO is eligible so I will try to find more info for you.

Speaker: Ok

Staveski: How many members does your org have?

Speaker: Currently, I believe we have 33 registered members and we get about 20 to 25 members interested and about 15 members retained every single additional semester.

Staveski: Perfect. And you guys are requesting 50 t-shirts?

Speaker: That's right.

Staveski: Okay, perfect. How do you plan to distribute these t-shirts?

Speaker: Just generally at GBMs. So at our biweekly general body meetings, we're looking to give them that thing.

Staveski: Perfect. And if I'm not a member of your organization, but I come and I ask for a shirt, can I have one?

Speaker: If that's a requirement, absolutely.

Staveski: Okay, they do have to be open and available to the entire student body regardless of membership. Yeah, that sounds good.

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

• **Roundtable Discussion:**

Staveski: Ok I am going to try to find out more about the organizational fund from Adam and see if they are eligible because if they are I think that would be beneficial for them.

Ahuja: If that works for them I think we should do that

Staveski: Ok so it seems like they are eligible and there is no semester cutoff. They meet every Monday afternoon and they can request up to 500 which is exactly what they need.

Ahuja: Why don't we refer them to the org fund and if that doesn't work for them tell them to email us right after and then we can hear them again Monday evening and have a vote to fund them

Staveski: I like that

- **Closing: Motion to fund them \$0 and refer them to the organization fund.**

Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.

- **Yay: Ahuja, Srivastava, Brown**
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

Funding Total: \$0

- **Stitch Fashion and Design**

- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/g7b0Rm%2EpBq4hrmFwqnlYmujSj4WESS%2E8thzz2VO6LS21IQL7Ayrehk3FvZNT-igFGXNYn0sU9nNIEPN8DZV1lwvzxAccFbn8qsuN0SWYt5SBrwwsvumCUOT6yw9VF7cQ3mdV-3rsuPcOoScdNN38DC2CLFPf1fbLcPCXfHg4c5ZoSh41HiX3%2E-z%2E6nyWiNG%2EceaEeyD7WHC%2E58m7EYTn64ODMclfbM9eH5-Hn47s4Jg9AI19gdLKFVH1fMet7hBWvq8DuZVwkvQx-VkyxuOM0jShf2pFSZPjrGVhuYGZkhYefo1%2EoVqHyvbfqSulzgPd1X6cC5ibrC7QI-C7Pbt%2EQ>

- **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for: 3/8/24
- Date Request Submitted: \$1451.50
- Date of Event: 4/7 7-10PM
- Number of Active Members: 70
- Number expected to come: 200
- Fundraised: \$0

- **Opening:**

Speaker: So, yeah. So, yeah, our show is our event is the rumor of real things. Basically, a runway show that we do annually. So Stitch has been around for about like five years and we do a runway show every year because our main focus is being like a fashion and specifically design club at the school. And we want to give people through education, like through being an educational tool, the opportunity to learn about fashion through design and through the artistry of the medium. As you guys can see here, like through workshops and photo shoots and club like film screenings and collaborations with other clubs. We try to embody what the art of fashion is through our club. And we kind of cap that all together with this annual runway show. And so, this is the poster advertisement for the show. The day and everything, the location. Pretty simple. Yeah, it's the 7th of April from seven, starts at seven and ends around like 10, 10 30. And then the show theme is all about technology. Yeah, so this year we wanted to explore what growing up in a digital world and in a technological society means for our generation because one of the things that we like to focus on at Stitch here is how we contend with our generation

and like what people our age in like our classes resonate with and we want to explore that through our show. And so, we can show you guys what we need to be able to express that this year. So, a lot of the theme is liminal spaces. So, a lot of this is either it's mostly promotion and then expenses in terms of stage design. Yeah, so one of the things that a lot of like fashion houses do for runway shows that we like to replicate that we've done since last year is doing sort of like a piece of merch that commemorates the show that we give out to attendees and this year we're going to do custom flash drives to give out to people in accordance with the show theme. This is a little mock-up of the design of one of the things that we have in the quotes and the logo that we're going to put through vinyl stickers that we have of ourselves. So, if you continue... So, we're asking for like about like 135 because we're going to do ourselves and we found different quotes for blank flash drives on Amazon. So, it ranges from about 130 to 150. So, if you go mid-range it'd be like about \$135 for the flash drives. Then we have our zine. Yeah, so the zine is... We have an archive of all of the work that we've done throughout the year on one half of the zine then we have show notes on the other half of the zine where people can flip through it and follow along with what all the different elements and details of the show are. And so, we just need the paper to be able to print it because we have the person to print that for us. Same thing, we range for about \$80 for funding because we want to have it on the quality paper that would last us which would be about 24 pounds but we're still okay with going to 20 pounds which would be cheaper. So, we were going mid-range again for \$80. Yeah. And then this is for set design. So, the projector is all adding to the liminal space design that we want. And they'll be used to add some ambiance. Same thing, we went to Amazon to find different mid-ranges for the projector and the lowest was about \$50 and the highest was about \$100. But we don't need really strong expensive projectors. So, we're again, \$600. I'm looking around for that. I'm walking along. Which would be like around this type of projector. We have the camera. This one is kind of hard to explain but it's also ambiance that we want to have our team who would be kind of ushers throughout the show would be wearing the camera. That's like a projector screen to add. Yeah, to make people aware that they're being sort of filmed and surveilled which is part of the expression of the show is to put the show into the context of living essentially. Essentially. No, we should once say. So, for this one there... We only need about two because it's not like the biggest focus of the show. So, a range for that would be about \$55 and all our quotes for these come from different Amazon sellers. And then the last two is our polyethylene drop cloth which is against that design. And this is kind of how it would be used. Yeah, so we're... Yes, so like for that like we're sourcing like sort of office cubicle things like a desk and a chair and like the different things that you would put on like a computer and all that ourselves and we just need the drop cloth to be the little accent to be able to put it like tie it all together for what we're trying to express. And for that we're asking for about \$13. The range was \$10 to \$20 but the \$20 one is much it's just another quote but we're going with the lower end which would be around \$13. And then the last thing is the projector screens which is what all the projections from the cameras and the set opening and the performance will be shown on. And that for that one we need about like seven to ten of them which is with another range in price from \$15 to \$19. So for average we're asking for about 180 for that. And then total for that would be \$135 for the promotional aspect of the show and then for expenses would be about \$928.

- **Questioning:**

Staveski: I have a quick question nobody else does. Is this event open and available to the entire student body?

Speaker: Yes and non-FSC students as well. Perfect. I feel like we might have been a little big on like the theme or like the benefit to student body. So if you have any questions about like that and why we wanted to show why we want to make a fashion show in general.

Staveski: I just have questions about are the quotes on the document be submitted different than the quotes in this presentation?

Speaker: For most of them no we ended up cutting some of them like for instance on the one we submitted we had button-up t-shirts and a desktop computer which was also a set design. But for the button-up t-shirts we ended up thrifting that ourselves just so we can you know not so we can focus on the bigger aspects of the things we need funding on and then also same thing for the computers it just we want to focus SGA funding on different aspects of the show. So we cut things but everything else is the same.

Staveski: Perfect. Are all your quotes from Amazon?

Speaker: Not everything. Let me see.

Staveski: Okay which quotes aren't from Amazon just because like there are only certain vendors that we can fund so I don't like give you guys funding for something that like we can't fund.

Speaker: Yeah so we have Office Depot for the company paper and then for well I lied everything else is Amazon. Yeah I think some of the stuff that we had like the things that we had to cut were from other vendors but to kind of streamline things and to like get like a more easy way to like express what prices are things we just included a bunch of Amazon quotes.

Staveski: Perfect and what were those totals again for both categories because I think they were a little bit different than your application.

Speaker: Yeah so for the for the promotional expense we had \$135 which is for the flash drives which would be when students come to the show at seven which is kind of the pre-show they can take the flash drive as memorabilia kind of sort of in similar vein I guess to the pins that had for an event that we collaborated with for them and then for the expenses for set design and like the actual show it was about \$928.

Ahuja: Okay. Have you guys held this event in the past?

Speaker: Yes we have. Yeah so last year we collaborated with the SLC on quite a big show of like a similar attempted like scale and it went pretty well pretty smoothly it was a I mean in terms of like costs and like amount of materials that needed to be like acquired for that it was costly and a lot of materials and we were able to do it all. Yeah it came out pretty well. We had about like I would say maybe like 300 attendees we ended up having we ended up reaching capacity I know that much. Yeah but it was an outdoor venue so we get a lot of people coming out to our shows that's for sure. Last year it internally funded that's why since we want to kind of up the scale of the project and stuff we wanted to go to SGA.

Ahuja: Okay no that makes sense okay great okay and then you said last year you had around 300 and then I'm assuming you're estimating a similar attendance for this year right?

Speaker: Yeah

Staveski: Is any of this money going to be in flipping an award or would it all be an expense?

Speaker: It is all expense I think. We for on the one we submitted we included a awards for like \$50 but we decided to take that on as an expense like internally so we're covering that so that was cut from this.

Staveski: We wanted to ask you guys about the projectors specifically. We were wondering if you guys would like asked around to see if you could get projectors from anybody or if you're gonna like use them more than once.

Speaker: So we have two internally, but we've already surveyed of it and tried.. It's been difficult to find people who are going to give us them. As for usage, we definitely have always wanted to have them for the club just in general for like future use and like previous use, but we just weren't able to because again, like for some reason projectors are hard to come by and tell Assie. So yeah, that's why we had to include it as a quote so that we could hopefully get that. Yes. I mean, we could in terms of we have our photo shoots that could use them. We have, we can use them for club movie nights because we collaborated with ASLC for a movie night and then we had one ourselves at more, but having those projectors would give us more leeway to do events. Yeah, like also meetings and things like that for the club.

Tascon: Would you guys be willing to rent the projectors?

Speaker: That's something we'd consider. If you guys have suggestions, if that's happened, or if you guys have come across this issue in the past, I'd love to get your guys' help with that. We've looked into that, but we wanted to try to see if you guys would provide for us first. We can look into that further if you guys don't have suggestions yourselves. Yeah, we didn't go through a quote, like don't have a quote on hand for how much it would be to rent them. So that's the only thing that's stopping me from being like, yes, we can do that. I know Strozier only does four hour rentals, I think. Which would be fun.

Tascon: What about the screens or the projectors?

Speaker: The projectors themselves. Yeah, but we'd be open to renting them. It's just for right now, we don't really have the numbers to give you for how much that would be. Okay, perfect.

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

Ahuja: Honestly the only thing I found a little off not even off I just personally seven like spending like almost like \$600 to \$800 on like the projector and projector screens to buy like seven of them is a little crazy to me. But maybe they asked people they could borrow them and like they couldn't find anyone who owned a projector.

Staveski: You can ask them about that I don't even think about that.

Ahuja: I don't know just like because like I'm not I would hope that they just use it more than once because \$800 for a set design on something that they'll only use in one show is a little crazy. Like 10 projectors is kind of like a crazy like it's just it's like a large thing for an organization to own you know.

Staveski: No I agree with you. And it's like a fashion show or is it like a commentary? Like I'm like is it art? Like is it art show or is it fashion?

Ahuja: It's like a fashion show. I remember I went to it last year or I went to like a little bit of it. But last year was like at the SLC and it was like a runway show and the participants like showcased their own designs.

Staveski: Oh it's so cool. Okay I mean if it's bringing 300 people for \$1,000 that's only like \$3 and 50 cents a person. Yeah which isn't too bad. But if you guys have concerns I would say we can partially fund it but it looks like oh they're doing it at SSB so we're not paying for the room anyway. Sofia. If that's what you mean. But I'm not sure why they're not doing it at the SLC again. They just said SSB.

Ahuja: I wonder how they're putting on this event at the at SSB because like I don't I can't think of a single space in SSB that can hold that many people.

Srivastava: I feel I got the value it was like a walking thing. Maybe they're walking like rooms of SSB. They may be doing it at the um like the mini auditor. It's not an auditor. I don't even know what it is but like the hall they have. But it's not a very runway place. I'm not sure.

Staveski: It looks like we either have to fully fund or zero fund because they are taking on some cost on themselves

Ahuja: I mean, like, I don't know, like PAC is first come first serve. And like, if that's what they want, like who are we to judge what they're asking for? On one sense, I just think it's a little crazy. I think personally, I would like to be asking around like everyone I know and be like, do you have a projector? But then again, like who owns projectors?

Staveski: Does anyone have any objections to funding them the projectors?

Ahuja: I do not know how I feel about fully funding them I would be more comfortable funding everything else and maybe funding like 4 or 5 projectors and projector screens. The cheapest projector is \$50 and projector screen is \$16 so maybe we fund them a few sets of those.

Srivastava: That makes sense to me.

- **Closing: Motion to fund \$931 in the category of expenses**

Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.

- **Yay: Srivastava, Tascon, Ahuja**
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

Funding Total: \$931

- **Korean American Student Association (KASA)**
- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/y4LKU1EaLav5%2E%2EMYNsvQy9e-2z8zZExZzN3ZrnE2ItZnQfvDXs6kl-Zlx5C3CfrxvahcjTdJfWhoXawDjvKF0kcEEW92GuDO3-gy7pAWibg57Bb93VQgsx9I9T49dbc5WE8Mwa68QuPD2wcnGLGo8s9mc2a64m8oHQGlXrGu%2E36PRpYYjz3PE0JoGmbzR-28vxFI4IbT92tmKgB1ZBu33ljig8Qs-3ZEodeBMXcJe5bn0jcPgjAUUUBIIXqwaD0fRG4V8XQrNTmg1Su8Bh54RTBzex%2ELb0nh5C2thnpQJ00bAZY0NN1-8fMqTPiAhpGxthc7ITbH7sl-RoV2vyjkYQ>
 - **Preliminary Questions:**
 - Asking for: \$300
 - Date Request Submitted: 3/8

- Date of Event: 3/8/24 1-4pm
- Number of Active Members: 55
- Number expected to come: 40
- Fundraised: \$240

- **Opening:**

Speaker: Hi, everyone. I'm Hailey Bounds, I'm the president of the Korean American Student Association. I am, before that, I just request funding for our annual event, Running Man, which is based off of a Korean variety TV show where the hosts do various field day in light challenges. We've gotten a reservation at the rez, specifically the board program for Saturday, March 30th, at 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. We're requesting funding for food on morning grass, and the quote was \$260 for 40 people, and we haven't closed registration since it's still far from the event date. We also looked into Panera and Chic fil a catering, however, Lemongrass was the cheapest for the number of people we're expecting. And we've also posted on Instagram, and I group me to advertise our event. We also have a GBM a few days before the event that will also come on, premiering and spreading through WordPress now.

- **Questioning:**

Ahuja: This event is open to everyone right even non KASA students?

Speaker: Yes

Ahuja: How does the RSVP work for this event? Would a student be denied if they didn't RSVP?

Speaker: We do have an RSVP just to make current point easier for students, because if they live off campus or on campus and traveling to the res is not an option for carpool reasons, we do have an RSVP. But I guess if students at the res wanted to join, there's no harm or people.

Staveski: Lemongrass is your preferred correct?

Speaker: Yes.

Staveski: Also, top of your head, do you recall how many people attended your event?

Speaker: Like this event? Normally, it's 40. But I think in past years, we've had between 30 and 50.

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

Ahuja: I think we should fully fund

Srivastava: Agreed

- **Closing:**

Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.

- **Yay:** Tascon, Ahuja, Srivastava
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

Funding Total: \$260

- **Audio Production Club**

- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/y4LKU1EaLav5%2E%2EMYNsvQy9e-2z8zZExZzN3ZrnE2ItZnQfvDXs6kl-Zlx5C3CfrxvahcjTdJfWhoXawDjvKF0kcEEW92GuDO3-gy7pAWibg57Bb93VQgsx9I9T49dbc5WE8Mwa68QuPD2wcnGLGo8s9mc2a64m8oHQGIXrGu%2E36PRpYYjz3PE0JoGmbzR-28vxFI4IbT92tmKgB1ZBu33ljig8Qs-3ZEodeBMXcJe5bn0jcPgiAUUUBIIXQwaD0fRG4V8XQrNTmg1Su8Bh54RTBzex%2ELb0nh5C2thnpQJ00bAZY0NN1-8fMqTPiAhpGxthc7ITbH7sl-RoV2vyjkYQ>

- **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for:
- Date Request Submitted:
- Date of Event:
- Number of Active Members:
- Number expected to come:
- Fundraised:

- **Opening:**

Speaker: So, we are audio production club. I'm the president, Bart is the treasurer. And today we're discussing our event called Spring Fest. So this is our second iteration of an event we did previous semester, written up a bit of a description here. So Winter Fest is back, but now it's spring. Audio production club and best productions will host a night of music networking and the creative spirit at its best. This networking and jam party seeks to combine all the loosely related music organizations around the city, both on campus and off campus, but mostly for FSU students, and continue to establish a strong bond between the parties that have so much to learn from each other, but traditionally aren't together. So the event will feature live jams and music production sessions, both in terms of live instrumental stuff, so drums, guitar, and then laptop based things, including speakers, everything like that. And there'll be multiple different rooms where one session happens in this room and another happens here. And yeah, the idea is people will pull up and meet other people, maybe people who are looking for instrumentalists here, they're interested in a producer here, set up the next collab, and really just enjoy some live music and reconnect with why all these musicians and producers do it in the first place. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in school and everything, and some people have tough degree tracks. And so events like these really help people remember why they're doing it in the first place. I know for me personally, after the last event, I really learned that collaborative music making is really more important to me than I ever realized. I always thought I would be okay to do that on my own, but after the thrill of jamming at this event, I was just like, okay, we're going to do this more. But yeah, that's pretty much all I got to say.

- **Questioning:**

Staveski: I just wanna confirm this event would be open to the public. Like if I'm not a member and I just decided to show up to the studio, I would be able to come?

Speaker: Yes

Staveski: And they are an approved vendor correct?

Speaker: Yes

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

- **Roundtable Discussion:**
Staveski: Another pretty standard request we have already heard from them already.
- **Closing: Motion to fund the amount of \$2000 in contractual services**
Vice Chair Ahuja administers the vote.
 - **Yay: Tascon, Ahuja, Srivastava**
 - **Nay:**
 - **Abstain:**

Funding Total: \$2000

Final Total: \$4,799.71

Current funding amount: \$16,483.71

Unfinished Business: N/A

Final Budget: \$11,684.00

Final Announcements: N/A

Date and Time of Next Meeting: 3/25 @ 6:30

Adjourned: 8:08