



**76th Student Senate
Programming Allocation Committee
03-04-2024**

Call to Order: 6:30

Members Present: Ahuja, Staveski, Huynh, Broe

Members Tardy:

Members Absent: Brown (excused), Tascon, Holliday, Newsome,

Guests:

Announcements:

- Chair – Land Acknowledgement
- Vice Chair –
- Members –

Committee Business:

- **Detachment 145 Cadet Honor Guard**
- Application Link:
- <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/eH3pQk5kpwk4XOSJUURFgjEzS9sgtmVTz1JZVUQPmzFaZ1kWy7nDxzdr0DzAQVrmp3l%2EIZDtyWNAz2KR0ydmN2zzGby2wjeV6CqA733pf1MVeUyDIVfdGx6FTbWOCnRD%2ECYIYjtt-uxmXw4DGkxy0%2Eum-DhMMYwFuC08dq2Q9mby5fPkbJqcFiXY5ZsBg21ZLs8GM6W8BK9jehS73rd0207LkanwL5U4YZH7g2uHDQCBXj5fApDzXDGziYqVkNHp1tJPTYyDQLRo0hMdMTOX5sFp9fEWQ1yZOtIHvmfS%2EIM2zBj%2EGYKvVzb2objbWeHw2zDHkRPtoDrl%2EnOfTwRQA>
 - **Preliminary Questions:**
 - Asking for: \$1416.40
 - Date Request Submitted:
 - Date of Event: N/A
 - Number of Active Members: 19
 - Number expected to come: N/A
 - Fundraised: \$0
- **Opening:**

- Speaker:** Good evening, I am representing attachment 145, McNett, Lundergaard. I'm good at 4th Class Diego LeBron, I'm the commander of the president. I'm good at 4th Class Moss Cruzer Prentice, and I'm the deputy commander and treasurer. Today we'll talk about who we are, what our RSO stands for, what do we do for the general student population, and what we are requesting funds for, and why we should receive funding. So who are we? We're the premier ceremonial arm of our Air Force ROTC detachment here at FSU. We do a lot of colors presentations, drill events, competitions, and other ceremonial duties throughout FSU, FAMU, TCC, and Tallahassee. And we assist in recruiting for Air Force ROTC because we are the most public organization in our detachment. So what are our main impact on the student population? Any student at FSU, especially organizations, are able to request from us a colors presentation. It's done through a simple Google form that we have posted in multiple places. We have a public Instagram page that has this link. We've also got an announcement posted on Noel Central, and our team members are spreading this information through word of mouth as much as they can. We present colors for a number of organizations around the school just in this past few months. We've done it for FSU sports along with the Veterans Student Union and numerous other events. So what are we asking for? We're asking for around \$1,400, and this funding will go towards four new flag harnesses, six ceremonial belts, and 12 pairs of ceremonial gloves. This is all equipment that we need to have to comply with our Air Force Honor Guard manual along with Air Force Instruction 34-501, which is the governing document for Air Force Honor Guards. It's also helped replace some aging equipment that we have that's in desperate need of replacement. And why should we receive this funding? Well, if we have this funding and this new equipment that we plan on purchasing with it, it'll help improve the overall quality of the service we provide to FSU students, which I will remind you is a free service that any student at FSU can request. It'll also help us establish a greater connection between student population and ROTC because we are a very public-facing branch of ROTC. It'll help us kind of build that connection with the student population that we don't always have. It'll also allow us to perform a greater variety of Honor Guard events. Actual Air Force Honor Guards have a much broader field than we currently do, and we're trying to expand to match the capabilities of a full Air Force Honor Guard, and having this equipment will allow us to help do that. And it'll help us uphold the image of excellence that Detachment 145, Florida State, and the United States Air Force put forth, which is very, very important to us as representatives of not only FSU, but the United States Air Force. And this will help us align with goal number five, the FSU Strategic Plan, which is to enhance our brand to reflect institutional excellence, which we will help do by further pushing forth the image of excellence and bringing our Honor Guard up to par with that of other universities. So in summary, today in our briefing, we went over who is the Detachment 145 Get It Honor Guard, what do we do for our FSU student population, what are we requesting funds for, and why should we receive training. This concludes our briefing.
- Questioning:**

Ahuja: I was just wondering, the stuff that you're asking for, like the physical materials you're asking for, how many people will they be distributed over?

Speaker: So, they're issued equipment that's issued per event, so it's not anything that's given to cadets to take home. We have a storage room in our building that when a cadet

performs an event, they check out the equipment from the storage room, and once they're done, they check it back in.

Ahuja: Okay, gotcha. So it'll be communal for like the people in your club?

Speaker: Yes.

Chair Staveski: I just want to clarify. We do have rules that we have to follow about who can access the items that are purchased, just since they are purchased with student tuition funds. You said that anybody can request you guys to come out, and anybody can request you guys to come into their event?

Speaker: Yes, that is correct. Any FSU student can request us, and we do extend our service to FAMU and TCC because we have cadets who attend both of those universities as well.

Chair Staveski: But do you happen to know if any of these are there, like approved vendors from the university?

Speaker: Yes, to Vanguard and Milbar, both are, and if you need us to get the third quote approved as well.

Chair Staveski: And what is your preference?

Speaker: Vanguard as they are the cheapest and our detachment has a history or ordering from them.

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

Huynh: I feel good about funding them

Anoushka: Will it be ok since technically what we are funding isn't for students?

Staveski: I was thinking the same thing but since there services are available to the whole student body and more I think it is ok

Ahuja: Ok I thought so too but yeah I like it.

- **Closing: Motion to fund the amount of \$1416.40 in the category of expenses**

Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.

- **Yay:** Ahuja, Huynh, Broe
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

Funding Total: \$1416.40

- **Vietnamese Student Association**

- Application Link: [https://urldefense.com/v3/https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/JBp73b-SlrG-ijwjGI1nn6ySffFWXLoWEf75UYRMKVLcddbEJWpnePljninduSjYIJmqzLKAZB9cBrjQ3LzdOYHbykatileY0l*2EIkFE4GVOrE-52xVHd4ssbXj36NH1F1Xeqo9Wj1YxnYEHQJS8JaOnsFugnnYA-FY-ueU7giVvPaKM1nEtniJYJ7jYGOrbTtzLm0Ka7qWXgwwQEigdsZipUzVjvPMNtjwDd3XTvUGPRY4YIHOb0-YSZa9XeMp-NB*2Eoho8nrsUg0yO2*2E8Z4-Di-RYTH4eUNT-GOafzU8IWX9MvfuV7e8XsGvOC7DNIQcRltqd*2EMK3EUeCs5NzOixjr2g__JSUIJQ!!PhOWcWs!0gu48OQ2_Y48Av9Uu760FYV6RJ8DzODxqfSLAmFmee7VBjZKQEDGyFGX Smdik7kpra9toBfVhls6MyvMOjFyff-X-oXQ\\$](https://urldefense.com/v3/https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/JBp73b-SlrG-ijwjGI1nn6ySffFWXLoWEf75UYRMKVLcddbEJWpnePljninduSjYIJmqzLKAZB9cBrjQ3LzdOYHbykatileY0l*2EIkFE4GVOrE-52xVHd4ssbXj36NH1F1Xeqo9Wj1YxnYEHQJS8JaOnsFugnnYA-FY-ueU7giVvPaKM1nEtniJYJ7jYGOrbTtzLm0Ka7qWXgwwQEigdsZipUzVjvPMNtjwDd3XTvUGPRY4YIHOb0-YSZa9XeMp-NB*2Eoho8nrsUg0yO2*2E8Z4-Di-RYTH4eUNT-GOafzU8IWX9MvfuV7e8XsGvOC7DNIQcRltqd*2EMK3EUeCs5NzOixjr2g__JSUIJQ!!PhOWcWs!0gu48OQ2_Y48Av9Uu760FYV6RJ8DzODxqfSLAmFmee7VBjZKQEDGyFGX Smdik7kpra9toBfVhls6MyvMOjFyff-X-oXQ$)

- **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for: \$1468.40
- Date Request Submitted:

- Date of Event: 4/6/24
- Number of Active Members: 66
- Number expected to come: 200
- Fundraised: \$400

- **Opening:**

Speaker: Hello, my name is Max Le. And I'm the president of the Vietnamese Student Association, which is a student organization that aims to create and foster a community that celebrates Vietnamese culture on campus. So Tally by Night is an annual bank, but that we hold every spring semester and is our biggest event of the year, inspired by Paris by Night, a popular Vietnamese show. And this event allows our entire community to come together and celebrate Vietnamese culture and the success of the past year. So this year, the theme for Tally by Night will be an enchanted forest and our decorations committee will be decorating the venue in order to represent this theme. And the venue for the event will be at the Wesley Center on Saturday, April 6th from 6 to 10 p.m. During the event, there will be interactive activities and live performances by FSC students, including modern and traditional dances, as well as modern and traditional music performances. We will also be serving free food for attendees with an estimate number of 200 attendees, which is a number we have been able to consistently reach in past years. And although this event caters more to the Vietnamese Asian American community, we are open and welcome to all members of the FSC student body and Tallahassee community. And also our media team will be helping to pop the event by creating their own graphics and posting them on our social media outlets. Thank you.

Speaker 2: Moving on to more catering logistics and the quote that we have been provided, we have decided to cater with lemongrass on the dress listed on the slide. One of the main reasons we've come to the conclusion to select lemongrass is due to the serving of a variety of these dishes that we feel would be a great fit for this event and allowing others the opportunity to have a wonderful experience. We've previously catered with them in the past and have had good experiences. For lemongrasses catering, they offer party trays. It's serving of 26 to 30 people, which is estimated of \$209 per tray. And it comes with a variety of different entrees, as well as sides. Multiplying that by six to accommodate for 200 feeding guests, we have \$1,254 is the estimated grand catering total. And for drinks, we have decided to get the quote from Publix, in which we have provided a different variety amount of drink options from sweet tea, lemonade, water, as well as soda, coke and Sprite, along with providing ice. Once again, catering and a submit of 200 people. Our drinks catering total would be \$47.30. For our decorations and Ms. you have this list in our document, or I did not list it in the presentation, all the links can be found on Amazon. However, it just includes a ... that would put the decorations together from flowers, tablecloths, vines, fairy lights, et cetera. For the grand totals, that could be \$89. And then utensils being a massive bulk amount of forks, plates, cups and serving tongs for \$68.21. And for our proposed budget, adjustable by pack, we have the catering for lemongrass, along with the drinks and utensils, coming to a total of \$1369.51, and then decorations for \$98.89. For a total of, that's the total amount that we are requesting for this event. And then the expenses from our generated funds. This is the amount that we will provide from previous and past fundraisers. For example, all of our

bingo cards from social media. We have the rest of the center rental fee that we will be purchasing ourselves. And then for our off-campus self-generated funds is what we're able to provide now, but with the tentative of potential scholarships from local businesses in Tallahassee. And overall, we are requesting \$1468.40 for the catering services and food as well as decorations. We have previously catered with lemongrass, as I said previously, so we've had good experiences with them. They're very accommodating in terms of financials and time. Thank you all for your, thank you all for your time and invitation for your attendance.

- **Questioning:**

Broe: Is this event open to all FSU students, like also non-VSA FSU students?

Speaker: Yes

Ahuja: Will you guys be doing an RSVP for this event or open?

Speaker: So usually about like a week or two beforehand, we basically post an RSVP sheet on our Instagram and then people can fill it out using the link in our bio and then we basically will reserve the space for those people and then we'll also have a wait list for people that might be too late to sign up and if people are able to make it and that kind of thing. We also post the event, the event on Mill Central, in which we're also able to track certain attendees through there along with they have an RSVP option through there as well.

Staveski: You said lemongrass was the preferred option correct?

Speaker: Yes

Staveski: And how much does that come to per person?

Speaker: Around \$6

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

Broe: Since it is for all FSU students I don't see any problem with funding it

Ahuja: Yeah agreed I mean I love this event I go every year and it is always awesome

Staveski: Yeah I love that they talk about self-generated funds and had so much effort in that

- **Closing: Motion to fund the amounts of \$1369.51 in food and \$98.89 in expenses**

Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.

- **Yay: Ahuja, Broe**

- **Nay:**

- **Abstain: Huynh**

Funding Total: \$1468.40

- **Muslim Student Union**

- Application Link: https://urldefense.com/v3/_https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/N21*2E7Z9UyUpq7ZiBNXyDJtOgJZeWxrPOQo-EO*2E-YwnLZY1hndPV6SvcSYRcuykNsbgowE9f6Tnb6LQvxGeT19pRO9XzxIJeLfemW3Np7tGnZyceV878CpMuo8lrJZquUOIWvVlpxTPZSzRfquGtjm5rHs2zHOnKIM9iROvfmaZp98Uf9yzOA5nLrtM3cnnF1TpliR9OJRgE6fxGXkDpFAVaSXSZFFzhwmE5vSBuy5dubPljHXRu1hZ2toviN0x8DDs54CHxTomLo-CW5Wuut-

[ZePIU62glx*2EUkeQ8b9y6sCYdTZf4C3jEyivq0UL*2EEOEspdxa5dewraM6rhY81pgw_:JSUIJQ!!PhOWcWs!zi0EmwLI2Hi2aV2LtQyLLGY7kGYYzL8EQ7vB-mrZZ3bk9SmvZa8uMQ_IVDddAM-3ICqPpF7ldz49haSXVTtiOaOii3Fs\\$](https://zePIU62glx*2EUkeQ8b9y6sCYdTZf4C3jEyivq0UL*2EEOEspdxa5dewraM6rhY81pgw_:JSUIJQ!!PhOWcWs!zi0EmwLI2Hi2aV2LtQyLLGY7kGYYzL8EQ7vB-mrZZ3bk9SmvZa8uMQ_IVDddAM-3ICqPpF7ldz49haSXVTtiOaOii3Fs$)

- **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for: \$2359.26
- Date Request Submitted:
- Date of Event: 4/4/24
- Number of Active Members: 71
- Number expected to come: 150
- Fundraised: \$150

- **Opening:**

Speaker: So basically our event is an MSU Iftar, it's like a big dinner that we want to host for the holy month of Ramadan. And Ramadan is a month where us Muslims fast from sunrise or sunset. And we would love to invite not just the Muslims here at FSU, but the whole FSU community to come and get to experience what an Iftar is like. And the funding is going to go towards food. So my idea is people come out to the Globe Dining Hall, get food, get educated about Ramadan, get educated about the Muslim culture, and just get the experience what an Ramadan Iftar is like. Because what that looks like for most of us, most of us, you know, we have our families back home. They would cook for us. It's like a little gathering with everybody you love. And I would like to replicate this experience, not just for members in my organization, but also members at FSU at large. And this is a flyer. We would like to host it on Thursday, April 4th at 7 p.m. That is when we believe the sun is going to set. And then the rest of the slides are just the quotes. The first quote we got from S of India. And since their tax exempts, the total is going to be \$2522. And then the second is from Cava. They said it was going to be \$3837. And we expect 100 people. So all these quotes are food for 100 people. And then the third one is Persis Indian Grill. And with taxes, 2536. But since their tax exempt as well, it's going to be 2359.26. Do you have anything to add, Aidan?

Speaker2: Yeah, so a small correction. It's going to be slightly more than 100 people that we anticipate. The food is somewhere to cover that range. It should be closer to 150. I'm a junior at FSU. And Ramadan is kind of like enough time because not every schedule adapts to it. But my freshman year, my sophomore year, before I was even involved in the FSU community, I always made it to the Iftars. I always saw that they had great turnouts. The food was traditional, authentic. We've always been very happy with Persis. But we've gone with other places as well. And I always found the food to be like, no offense to Suwanee but some of the best food you can find on campus. And I think the other thing that you gain out of it is a very diverse event where you have people from all backgrounds trying to find common interests and sit down together and have dinner. And I think that at its heart, that's what FSU is all about. And one last thing to add, this event will be advertised on Nole Central in addition to our Instagram account, on our Instagram story, which is public to everybody to view. Yeah, sometimes the Arab Student Union and the Middle East Center at FSU pick up these events as well. So we'll be coordinating with them. So the Arabic Honor Society, they're more than welcome to join as well, too.

- **Questioning:**

Huynh: So this event is open to all FSU students correct?

Speaker: Yes everyone is welcome

Huynh: Do you have an RSVP or are you capping it at 150?

Speaker: So what I believe the MSU did last year was they didn't have an RSVP. It was just the first 150 people and then they kept it. So as of right now, that's most likely what we're going to do it as well.

Ahuja: And just out of curiosity from last year's Iftar, what was the attendance at that event?

Speaker: I would say it was like anywhere from 130, like 160 people.

Staveski: Is there a reason why you guys cut it off at 150? Is that like attendance of the globe or for food reasons?

Speaker: Me personally, I think last year it was too much people. Okay. And yeah, like it was very tough to sit. So I just, I asked the previous board members, what was it turn out like? They told me, they gave me the number 130 to 160. We just decided that 150 is going to be the cutoff point.

Staveski: It says in your application, you guys fundraised \$150 last year. Do you guys anticipate doing any fundraising for this event?

Speaker: Yeah. I mean, we can if we need to. Okay. Yeah. It's, we recently had a 5K actually just yesterday where we did fundraise for charity efforts going to Palestine and Sudan, mainly towards like humanitarian organizations approved by FSU. So we haven't really like thought of like something to fundraise for this yet because that was kind of where our focus is. But if we need to, we can.

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

Staveski: Another standard request I like it

Ahuja: Yeah I love it and they got the best Indian food in Tallahassee and its not super expensive

- **Closing: Motion to fund the amount of \$2359.26 in food**

Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.

- **Yay: Ahuja, Huynh, Broe**
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

Funding Total: \$2359.26

- **Student Florida Education Association**

- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/ldlmvb46yf2IMNcXrAVVo9QIXkxWpqhNsprzMssObKc9-fF1gM4hR937AabvMebqRIeW8yRuT-NiqhVr-FundIDh3dpa73OlaHxOeWAGM1MUsCPvAlnMxAlfKuKbViyGV1B2k-ZV9G93dZeTvqgW-5TclnOnRI51tCXVv2Op9VUvSmUXDg7sE8Y56rlugFKUO4HoLAq2Fjfsfbvq7xNyGqLQ-Mjd2qE4dXSC9p->

[VrzpMSYDEydbgvBnpuSrm1ewyN10az1hvyANzhAVnXxFnibfLOFiyS9nRFkSa57samOaX9PF7qLRePGYXDreCAcPLZ04zYZkJ6IRJmBXM8M2aBQ](#)

○ **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for: \$346.50
- Date Request Submitted:
- Date of Event: N/A
- Number of Active Members: 31
- Number expected to come: N/A
- Fundraised: \$250

● **Opening:**

Speaker: So, we are SFEA at FSU. Stands for the Student Florida Education Association. And this is our logo. We'll put me on the shirt. So, a little bit about us. We're a group of aspiring educators who want to prepare ourselves to be the best possible version that we can become. We offer professional development opportunities, such as teachers coming in at GBMs, talking about their experiences as first teachers. And, yeah. So, FSU is just one of the branches of SFEA, which has over 2,000 aspiring educators in the country. So, a little picture of us. So, we are requesting swag shirts and possibly stickers or buttons. So, for these shirts, we're just going to provide them to our peers. These are our first time printing out shirts. So, this is kind of like our test run, per se. And I just want to see how these shirts can come out and be like maybe request more in the future. And the whole point of it is just to create a nice little community through SFEA. So, these are the three quotes. We were thinking of doing full press because we can get like the bang for our buck, basically. So, it's like the cheapest and we're able to order like an exact amount as opposed to like T formation. We're only allowed to buy in bulk, I suppose. So, I think we could start with 31, which is how many members we have. And then if we like the way we look, we will order more. Or, if we like the way the shirt looks, we'll order more. Question for you guys. We're curious if we could have access to button making also. This is how much it would cost. Yeah, but I'll go over that at the end. And these are just some pictures of us at our socials and GBMs. And yeah, thank you guys so much. That is all.

● **Questioning:**

Huynh: For the buttons, which, yeah, you guys will be able to ask for the money for the buttons. Are you guys playing on using student pubs?

Speaker: Yes.

Huynh: You might have covered this and I missed it. Why, like for each company, do you have a different quantity?

Speaker: Because for T-formation, they only offered like 144 or like 218. They offered it in only bulk options from what I saw, and I couldn't put like 31 or like 27. For the custom ink one, I just put a random number because I know you guys don't allow custom ink, but I needed a third quote. I was trying to get clothesline, but they were not sending me a freaking quote by the last Friday, so I just put custom ink in there, but I know it is not allowed, or I don't work with them. And then full press, I did 31 because there are 31 signed up members, so I figured if we did 31, like that could be a starting point, and then maybe in the future we order more.

Huynh: Yes, so with that, I would recommend maybe asking for a little bit more, which like we can't even pick you up because the shirts would have to be open to the entire student body. That's not to say you have to order like tens of thousands of shirts, but I would order maybe a little bit more than just enough for your members.

Speaker: I was thinking that, but also like I don't know how they'll turn out, because when I was looking at the shirt or the logo on the shirt, it kind of looked like it was boxed in, and I kind of, I don't want it to look like a box print on a shirt, but I mean if it ends up looking like that, I don't know. I just don't know if the shirt will look cute, but at the end of the day, I guess that, yeah, I'll just add some more, yeah.

Staveski: Can you show me your full press quote?

Speaker: Yes

Staveski: Okay, I'm so sorry that I didn't catch this in our meeting, but we can only fund t-shirts where the unit price is \$10 or less. So it looks like your first quote does have a unit price that's less than \$10. Yes. That is for like a bulk order, so I don't know if we can like, what do you guys think? Like if we assume they're going to raise it to like \$9 and then like with losing the bulk and then fund them for how many of our t-shirts, like that quantity? More of a good question, like a question for the community. Or, because I don't, like was 144 the minimum amount that it would let you order?

Speaker: I believe it was, yeah.

Huynh: Maybe if we raise the full press one, the unit price will go down because you're ordering more.

Speaker: Yeah. And I think I did include a few like extra large, extra, extra large as well. That might have, that might have this as well. Yeah, because the extra large is really \$15.

Staveski: Yeah, we can fund up to \$12 for anything above an XL, like anything outside of sizing this, extra small to extra large.

Ahuja: Sorry, I have one quick question. I was just wondering, with your distribution method, would this be given out, like specifically first to only the people in your organization, or would this be given out to whoever comes to your events and whether that happens to be members of your organization?

Speaker: So, it would be handed out at a general body meeting, probably with the timeline, it would probably end up being in April. So, our general body meetings are open to everyone on FSU campus, whoever comes to meet.

Staveski: Okay, perfect. Thank you so much. I have a quick question about your fundraising. I see an application that you fund raised \$250. Can you guys tell us how you fund raise that money and where it's going to?

Speaker: Um, I don't know if that number is accurate. We had \$250 in, I think it was July 15th last summer, but that number has changed since then.

Speaker 2: Oh, Caroline, they're talking about, like, money that we would have raised last year, not like a bank account. So, like last year we raised about \$65 with a share at night.

Ahuja: Hi, we had a quick question about the buttons. Can you show us the link that you had found for the buttons?

Speaker: It's the link for the buttons we found on the publication website. Oh, they have that. OK. They have that available.

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

Staveski: I feel so bad. We met earlier this week or last week to talk about this request, and I didn't realize that the unit price was, like, I don't know. It was looking like the first one and didn't realize, like, the quantities were weird. I have no idea. So what do you guys want to do?

Huynh: I don't know

Staveski: I think they should come back.

Ahuja: I agree. Just because, like, we can't just give them, like, the amount of \$50 and assume, because then we'd be funding them for the \$11, because we don't have the unit price of what it would be if they order more, if that makes sense. Yeah, we could assume it would be \$10, but... But how much would the... Yeah, and then, like, how many two XLs do they want? We can't really make those decisions for them.

Huynh: That's true. Well, I could leave this business for, like, an event so, like, they can get these shirts any time of the semester, and so I feel like while it does suck, we think it's asking them to come back.

Staveski: So true. We can fund them for the buttons. And then we can fund them for the buttons, and then we can vote to give them a third request just so they, like, have their two requests per fiscal year, because this is totally an error on my end. Like, we had the meeting, and I was like, oh, yeah, it looks good to me, and I didn't, like, realize with the quantities that it was going to be weird. So I think we can vote to give them that third request. That's something that you guys want to do. And then we can fund them for the buttons.

Ahuja: Just out of curiosity, it said button-pressing machine. Are they requesting for the machine or for buttons?

Huynh: They don't need the machine. Student Pubs has the machine. I feel like they didn't know that.

Ahuja: That's what I... Just because, like, the link, it was hyperlinked, and it said button-pressing machine. But then the quantity was, like, 100x, like, 2, or 25 cents or something like that, which made the amount, like, \$29. So I wasn't sure if it was just hyperlinked. Which was even saying, like, buttons Amazon, like, buttons Amazon. I was supposed to ask them to look at that again, but I forgot, to be honest.

Broe: I was wondering about... Because they were just asking for shirts for their RSO. Like, they asked for the specific amount of shirts that are, like, people in their RSO. And, like, we're supposed to approve, you know, all-encompassing things. You know what I mean? I don't know.

Staveski: I think that's why Damien brought it up, like, requesting for a quantity that's more than... Yeah. ...their numbers. That way they can, like, get to other people at Market Wednesday. Yeah. But if it's something that you don't think will be, like, accessible to the entire student body, like, we can definitely talk about that.

Broe: I have no problem saying yes, but I'm just saying like, they are asking for the exact amount of shirts in their RSO, you know, when I talked to them at our meeting, they said that like, even though they have like, I don't know if it was 30 members, like maybe only like 25 or like 20 consistently come. So they didn't think that like, everybody would show

up to the meeting where they were handing out. Well, regardless, yeah, if they hand them out at general body meetings, you know, then they're for whoever goes.

Staveski: Yeah. So. OK, trying to figure out with this include a button maker, like that's just because like the button pressing machine threw me off like the first couple of things on Amazon that come up include the machine. And I was like, what?

Broe: OK, I know what I think it's safe to assume they don't want 160 button pressing machines.

Staveski: Yeah, that's true. But it's like the first thing that comes up 160 buttons plus the machine. I don't like how like just get the button. Like I've been trying to get us to say,

Ahuja: We could just bring them back in and ask to see the button request

Staveski: Ok so we can just fund them for the buttons

- **Closing: Motion to fund the amount of \$22.90 in expenses**

Vice Chair Ahuja administers the vote.

- **Yay: Huynh, Broe, Ahuja**
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

- **Motion to give this RSO a third request**

Vice Chair Ahuja administers the vote.

- **Yay: Huynh, Broe, Ahuja**
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**
-

Funding Total: \$22.90

- **Hillel**

- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/eBJvWbul-RwWmRStGAMdUAEh9IVEhus0Afq9xjSojUOrXKN1ICKhMXcMQ2-AhaRaOvlt8eZYPO%2EFyitv4rooG%2EAsji5nfrKTqY1b23V7X7Lh4wrxijdA9VQiX6WTBHmB6GrQPSWtIs1h2e29lhRv9m7ytD4B6Z0LTJjitzB4O-seeCpfnOFEXTPeBs0Xf-OLKletj0rKYunacQV7UrpHpu2-tY2BA-JzJLFzt-yM5uojGUmM3ZOuBGLjFWI02E23N3GSFhSJQBHSwFLuuRN3kqwt9Rgp2av4p6HzHp paSsmBgk%2EnMOLVdiSI0KO%2Eq0UTxCUHVVA1zbpuYEwRppAB%2EA>

- **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for: \$6000
- Date Request Submitted:
- Date of Event: 4/22/24
- Number of Active Members: 900
- Number expected to come: 300
- Fundraised: \$0

- **Opening:**

Speaker: So, hi. I'm Jillian Penson. I am the president of Hillel FSU, and I will be talking about, um, our PAC funding request today. So, who are we? Um, Hillel FSU is a Jewish

organization on campus that serves all students. Um, our mission statement is enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish lives of others. Um, the services that we provide, we provide social programs, social justice and identity-based programs, free educational trips for both Jewish and non-Jewish students, and we serve Shabbat services and dinner every Friday, and we serve high holiday services and a meal. So, we are requesting for \$6,000 for a Passover Seder on April 22nd at 6 p.m. A Passover Seder is a banquet-style celebration of freedom, Jewish heritage, uh, and Jewish heritage that happens in the spring of every year. Um, the financial breakdown of this, essentially, is that there are 300 meals, and each meal costs about \$20, which comes out to \$6,000. Um, and I did submit a meal proposal, um, in my application, and essentially, this could be, um, varied a little bit, um, based on just, um, preference of students, but it would be around \$6,000 in general. Um, and then our 2023 to 2024 engagements, uh, we have in, we have engaged 145 students six or more times this school year. We have also engaged 920 students at least one time this school year. And then, on the previous holiday data, um, Passover last year, we engaged 322 students, and, um, and Rosh Hashanah this past year, we engaged 381 students. This would benefit the student body, because Jewish students account for 10% of the FSU student body. Non-Jewish students are always welcome in Hillel and often partner with us. They are introduced to new Jewish customs, traditions, and culture, because they are included in our projection of how many students will be served, and among rising antisemitism on college campuses, FSU stands to be inclusive and a safe environment for Jewish students, and this will allow them to practice their customs safely and without the worry of experiencing discrimination. And then, we will be advertising through flyers, email newsletter, peer-to-peer reach-outs, using, utilizing student networks and affiliations in student organizations and social media. And, I did not submit an advertising form, but that is because we haven't created it yet. We have examples if you guys need to see. I have examples of our one's last year but I do not have the ones for this year yet.

- **Questioning:**

Ahuja: So I was just wondering, for the \$6,000, you said the, the meal comes out to \$20 each and that's kinda how you reached that number, how exactly does this work? Like, does, um, does, yeah, just like, how does that, like, how does that work, basically?

Speaker: so there is a, um, kosher restaurant in Tallahassee who we work with, um, and she basically, the amount of food that she makes is estimated by the amount of food, like, per person, per how many people we have. So she will be making a banquet-style dinner for 300 people. Um, and so she did that budget based on, um, how much, like, making one, uh, Passover meal would cost, um, if she, if she were to cook it for one meal by the amount of food, like, per person, per how many people we have. So she will be making a banquet-style dinner for 300 people. Um, and so she did that budget based on, um, how much, like, making one, uh, Passover meal would cost, um, if she, if she were to cook it for one meal

Staveski: Usually we require, like, three quotes for, like, anything, but, and since this is kind of, like, on the more expensive side, being, like, \$20 a person, I'm guessing since it's, like, you want, you need kosher food, obviously there isn't a suitable alternative in the Tallahassee area. I just wanted to, like, verify.

Speaker: Yes, that's correct. I only submitted one quote because there is only one kosher restaurant in Tallahassee, and because of Jewish law and Jewish tradition, we do need to, um, keep kosher at our Passover Seder and the only real other alternative was catering from a restaurant in Jacksonville, but that would come out to you about just as much if not more.

Staveski: Have you guys done any fundraising for this event or do you plan to?

Speaker: Um, we do have a part of our budget for, um, Passover, but, of course, um, we, if we can get some help from SGA, that would definitely, definitely help because we don't have enough for all meals.

Staveski: So what's your budget for Passover and where is it going?

Speaker: I, unfortunately, don't know because Hillel, um, is a nonprofit organization and not just an RSO. Um, they are not allowed to disclose their, um, their yearly budget. Um, so I unfortunately do not know.

Staveski: Okay. If we don't fund this the full amount, do you think you'll be able to get funding from Hillel to cover the rest or if we don't fund it, will you not be able to have this event?

Speaker: We will be, we should be able to.

Ahuja: So I was just wondering, do you know how much PAC funded for this event last year, if we did fund them, if we did fund for this?

Speaker: Um, I can look how much we requested for. I'm not exactly sure how much we got in the end, but I can definitely look. It was 6,875 and that was because we catered from Gilly's in Jacksonville and then we asked for 254 promotions. So in total it came out to 7,125.

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

Ahuja: I mean, it's a good event. I don't think we should fully fund them since they have the means to get it from somewhere else and, like, this is a lot of our budget. Um, if they were, like, yeah, like, we can't hold it. Like, we can't spend our budget for the rest of the year. Yeah, that would, this would, like, be, like, a lot. So, I don't know how much we should fund them but I think it should only be a portion.

Staveski: See, I agree with you but I also always feel bad cutting our shows that are honest with us. But, like, sometimes they're like, yeah, we can't do it if you don't fund us and they put us in, like, a really bad spot by just lying and then when our shows are honest, we're like, oh, perfect, let's cut them. Which, like, it makes sense. Like, I'm agreeing with you. It's just my personal beef with the situation.

Ahuja: No, no, I totally get that. Like, it always feels a little, a little crappy.

Staveski: I get that. So, how much would you want to fund it for? How much do you want to fund it for?

Ahuja: Oh, God. Um... That's a tough number. Yeah. Oh, we should have asked them how much they got funded last year.

Staveski: We can bring back in and ask. It's the beauty of having her here.

Ahuja: We could. I just want to estimate because I don't want to be like, oh, let's only fund them like 3,000. And, like, last year they only got 1,000 from Hillel. And then we're like, oh, you know what I mean?

Staveski: Ok so they requested around 7000 and we gave them 2200.

Ahuja: Maybe we could do 2000 this time

- **Closing:**

Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.

- **Yay: Ahuja, Broe, Huynh**
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

Funding Total: \$2000

- **South Asian Student Association**

- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/j9vjPvw39RQRXHBcTV70VLuHbezPSEPEu1Gc6lwhcYTFXbH06OV0NTMDQYU-2l4cgDdutCpUK46Ab2Ta0L1N6aRWp3rrZCwdUP8o-nAzkG5ruAR7xz0rkHMuN2mnKEPdMTnUVj%2EsUCKkNlx8gKUXe-iHb0aFib2sc185DdFsErleegLp6mVtlJSO2HiFPs8Bd%2EgPyHXex5tXW%2E9Rg5B3MhvMtpbrlLluQ3zq8PAm4vYw-tSETOk36VIJYBtDn5BvjyKBCPbP4D5HQ84koQca-OAhfli2FXJbv3DwG3PIXTpLTPk85Xwvzoo2HNLIA8y17VhGUIqzMYCGwObbQgA>

- **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for: \$2136.43
- Date Request Submitted: 3/1/24
- Date of Event: 4/14/24
- Number of Active Members: 93
- Number expected to come: 200
- Fundraised: \$250

- **Opening:**

Speaker: My name is Sean Faletti. I serve as the South Asian Student Association's President. This year, I'm here with Ishaan our treasurer. And so I'll just tell you guys a little bit about our request and what it's going towards. Essentially, this year, we are hoping to hold an end-of-year banquet that is themed after the Filmfare Awards, which is an award show that's very popular in India for different movies, things like Oscars. And so we're trying to theme it after that. And so we do not have a motion graphic for you guys today, not for lack of preparation, but rather because this actually ties into a little bit of our request. Part of what we're requesting funding for is for a space for our banquet, which we have over here. It's called Wesley Chapel, it's right next to the Sweet Shop. It's a place where a lot of our Asian-American student union affiliates host their events, but it requires a booking fee, and that's part of what we're requesting funding for. We do have the space reserved for April 14th, but we don't have a promo graphic in the case that we would have to pivot on that. We do have a couple of different backup locations in mind in case this doesn't work out, but hopefully we're able to secure the funding to use this space because it really helped us upgrade what we usually do for banquets and really just like amplify our event, and I can answer questions about that for specifics later. But we're also requesting different things for this banquet, such as food costs. And I know you guys have our spreadsheet, which has a very more detailed breakdown than what I'm going to provide for you in the speech as to what those costs would be. But yeah, this event would be really, really great for us because last year we did an end-of-year banquet. It was a

wedding-themed event, but now we're really trying to recenter and just grow this event even more, not only for our organization, but just for the student body to get more and more awareness to South Asian culture, which is not something that we really often get a chance to do. And so, yeah, Ishaan and I are looking forward to your questions if you have any, and I yield thoroughly.

- **Questioning:**

Chair Staveski: I do have a question just about your preferred food vendor. Out of these quotes, which one would you prefer? I'm guessing the first one. I just wanted to make sure.

Speaker: Yeah, Ishaan, you can correct me on this, but I'm pretty sure option one would be our top for option.

Staveski: Perfect. And then one other question about the location. Is there a reason why you guys are choosing to use that? I'm sure there is, but like choosing to use that venue off campus is probably something on campus.

Speaker: There's a few. So we're trying to get this booked very far in advance because, as I said, we're looking at April 14th as the date for our event. And when we were trying, we were looking initially at the unit ballrooms, but during the time, we weren't able to book the ballrooms. I believe they're going through renovation or some sort of process in which we weren't able to book ballroom spaces. And so that was kind of out of the question for the time that we were looking to reserve or book a space. Other than that, Wesley Chapel is more accommodating to the size and style of the event because it has banquet style seating with a stage and sound equipment. And so, and with the screen as well. And so other banquet places aside from the union ballrooms, you know, they're kind of hard to come by. Moore auditorium comes to mind, but even the seating that is more theatrical and we're looking for a banquet. And so, yeah. And then another option we have in mind was Miller Hall, but we've had banquets at Miller Hall previously and our concern was accessibility. Our turnout for our events at Miller Hall was not as good as we would have been because of confusion about where it was and things like that. So we really just want a location that, yes, while it's off campus, it is right next to the Sweet Shop and everybody really knows kind of where that is. So it's still kind of centrally located. It also helps us as an Asian-American student union to kind of help build our community within AASU as well. Because as I mentioned, our other great affiliates such as the Vietnamese Student Association, Filipino Student Association, they all host banquets there traditionally and our SASA, South Asian Student Association, has not yet. And so we kind of would like to set up precedent for that.

Staveski: Have you guys done any fundraising for this or do you get to pay too?

Speaker: So we do very consistent fundraising because we know how hard it is to figure out allocations and everything. We're no strangers to that. And so we often do henna fundraising, subtle plug to anybody here that is interested in henna. But henna is a traditional temporary tattoo where essentially you use a henna cone and you create a design usually on your hand or your arm and then you let it dry and then peel off and then there's just like a pattern that stays for maybe a week or so. So it's just like a nice temporary tattoo. So we've been doing henna fundraising at a lot of tabling events. And then we've also just recently had, excuse me, a collaborative curry fundraiser with the Japanese Student Association where both of our organizations made Japanese and South Asian curry and then did pre-orders for different people that were interested and we

fundraised through that as well. So we've been doing pretty consistent fundraising that's gonna go both towards this event and towards the other events that we have in store for the year.

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

Huynh: I feel good about this event. This is like your like standard like cookie cutter, AASU.

Staveski: When I saw their quotes, like I knew Sean was gonna show up. Like when I saw Sean Faletti's name, like I knew he was gonna show up. So wasn't he really worried about that? I don't know. I think I looked at the Excel sheet. It is so thorough. I was like, yeah, away. I just looked at it. It's crazy. So sometimes people like I've gotten quotes before that's literally like just a signature. Like I'm not even joking. Like they're just like that's what it cost. I guess.

Broe: Wait, they got three different quotes for like their confetti and everything and like,

- **Closing: Motion to fund the amounts of 1128.37 in expenses and 1008.86 in food.**

Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.

- **Yay: Huynh, Broe**
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain: Ahuja**

Funding Total: \$2136.43

- **JHealth**

- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/YG5UWagXRZ3wFi1fKiMwKUItKkMhnDeVYNkTKoA3NrU0KsfLIY9F8T7YneCEJitnCLJu2O6m%2EOwztONmgyanedKzOguwaTFw3FwHOdrCbVfakv4HmRjBPe-0epFVDZ2Yfn1opLWJ7QpkSIWL8fnUxPCBRAOzXCgegnsFkx0btQNdEE9cumaQ3TCjZAmXsPvKwuDQEPwM7qYphz4ckvEzFjaXMWrlhleCZnxEXWMDanJMF6mZ0YnWgUeMFbuGwaaZMy0ryvE9OAE6mwq1%2EEFSblG%2E4EHDb29vIUKfErY0u5y9kT-fR%2Ep7kKZsj3AufwGDuvmxu61UXfH80LMZT9H9w>

- **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for: \$186.38
- Date Request Submitted:
- Date of Event: 3/28/24
- Number of Active Members: 22
- Number expected to come: 12
- Fundraised: \$0

- **Opening:**

Speaker: So, I'm a representative from JHealth organization on campus. We are a Jewish pre-health organization. You don't have to be Jewish. You don't have to be pre-health to be involved in our organization. We also don't have any membership dues. Prior to this semester and this year, we were omni-sponsored, but something's changed, and we don't have a rabbi in Tallahassee, so now we're looking for a new funding, and we're trying to use FSU funding as well. So, we just have people who are interested in some health

issues, so like last semester, we had presentations about diabetes, and this past week, we had also a speaker from one of the professors from College of Medicine come in and speak of Ashkenazi genetics diseases that run most likely in Ashkenazi Jews, but not only some European people also have it just because of the area where people are coming from. So, speaking of which, we're also trying to do more volunteering work, so we know the problem of homeless people in Tallahassee, I personally volunteer with Hearts for Homeless and our currently, not currently, but currently, sheltered center, so the problem is very obvious, and they need help. Some of our people help in the kitchen, but we're thinking it would be a great idea to make some first kits and distribute them to the population, because some of the needs, unfortunately, if the shelter cannot provide everything to them, they have dinners, but they don't have hydrogen products, band-aids, and stuff like that. So, we're thinking it would be a great idea to get members together, invite other people from other organizations as well, whoever can make it, and just order bulk, because it's cheaper, just separate units, like a lot of band-aids and a lot of pads and tampons, and then just pack them in the kits and distribute them later. So, at our meeting, we were just making them together, and afterwards, I would just drop it off on the bottom of the Hearts for Homeless meeting, probably, or just to the shelter directly, because we were coordinated with them as well. So, I have three different kits here represented, but in socks, we also spoke to Center and they recommended those products, so the bags, so they could carry them around as well, some tape, these bandages, and the prices are all different, because different brands have a more expensive number and more cheaper. So, the cheapest that we found personally, I also documented all of that in my application, but the first one was, I believe, \$228 or something around that numbers, I don't really remember. There was the cheapest and the most expensive was around \$400, so we were trying to find the cheapest version and as I looked it up, Amazon is a vendor for FSU, so that should be good. So, that's pretty much it about us.

- **Questioning:**

Staveski: Could you scroll down so I can see what is in the kits?

Speaker: Yeah, absolutely. So, toothbrushes, alcohol pads, bandages, some hygiene products, just different brands. It's the same stuff, just different brands. Yeah. Three stuff.

Staveski: And you might have referenced this, but how are you planning on distributing the kits after you all?

Speaker: Yeah, absolutely. So, Chloe, I've been in contact with the director of their center, so we probably would just go to her and ask when she would likely ask to come in. I know that during parts for homeless events, they have a lot of people coming because they're trying before dinner, so they start at 6.35, 30, depending if it's Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, so we might just come in when people are there and just give it out, I think.

moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

Staveski: I love this request. It's my favorite request, actually. I'm declaring that tonight because it's only \$186. And it's for the homeless, so I'm not even going to ask them about fundraising because they're giving their time.

- **Closing: Motion to fund the amount of \$186.38 in expenses**

Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.

- **Yay: Ahuja, Huynh, Broe**

- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

Funding Total: \$186.38

Current funding amount: \$38,772.65

Unfinished Business: N/A

Final Budget: \$29,182.88

Final Announcements: N/A

Date and Time of Next Meeting: 3/18

Adjourned: 8:27