



**76<sup>th</sup> Student Senate  
Programming Allocation Committee  
2-26-2024**

**Call to Order: 6:36**

**Members Present: Castellanos, Tascon, Staveski, Newsome,**

**Members Tardy:**

**Members Absent: Ahuja, Hyunh, Brown, Holliday**

**Guests:**

**Announcements:**

- Chair –
- Vice Chair –
- Members –

**Committee Business:**

- **Japanese Animation Club**
- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/R1Waa7jSJ2sixDFvkhPjPkIcet153A02VMH4oNu9TrQxmeggOIEvDkXdKM5VtaL4SM%2EgT%2EPI99UyqBkk0faQtpGNiv%2EUu5MAH3-muFvd1zrGJ6MvvnS4FcrWpT7vmBLYopBlKuvmk22IJeq4YJsJTWCAnSDWv1PgEP-LXE1ZnhJgMw6Ju4vxj4pXrBhGrK7wo5tbuBytWMrHxpdjsVmoTVJqvDVwRJws9epdA6-zv2I16wND3deQluZhNQ8pyEH8xW2Zbkt8k3P-UkZ%2Ewl4FbR9VMLaCEy4uG5Un0glwy-mS8-m%2EOP6FQFnPNk6B5wM%2ElySzc6Cg9gDeUfYKaVDTw>
- **Preliminary Questions:**
  - Asking for: \$4,294
  - Date Request Submitted: 2/21
  - Date of Event: 3/30 @ 11am-9pm and 3/31 @ 11am-6pm
  - Number of Active Members: 55
  - Number expected to come: 1500-2000
  - Fundraised: \$4281.38
- **Opening:**

So hello, we're back again to request more money. For FreeCon20, it's a free anime convention. It's going to be held during these dates at the student union at these times. Just go back quickly. There you go. Since you've already seen this information before. Alright, so we're asking for money for security, and obviously security helps people keep people safe. It will really help our convention because we've had incidents in the past, and that's something that we're trying to obviously prevent this time. And the reason why we're asking for funding for the security as well is because they never asked for it. So it's a new expense that we haven't ever had a plan for. Yeah, so that's why we have made a second request. We didn't know that we would have to do this until now. Here's just a quick rundown of where they'd be posted. In the ballrooms, you can see the little X's over here. And then they'd be patrolling. And then they would also have a baggage check right over here. And they'd also be patrolling the other levels. But these are just the main high traffic areas that they would be watching. And this is what the FSU PD has recommended to us when we've been talking about this. So here are the quotes that we have. We prefer to have as much as possible to help us because it is a quite expensive fee. Luckily, we've been talking to the FSU PD, and this is the lowest version of it. It used to be way more expensive, so that was a little bit less. But yeah, those are the quotes. And that's honestly our advertisement. The only thing that's changed for this is that we also are going to table at SWAMCOM, which is U.S. Free Convention. But everything else is the same. And same mock-up as our poster. That design will be changing, but not too much. It should be relatively the same.

- **Questioning:**

**Chair Staveski :** Would you mind providing a little bit of context just briefly about the event?

**Speaker:** Sorry, I kind of sped through that. But basically, it's just a free anime, gaming, pop culture, enthusiast convention for FSU students and also for the FSU, or the Tallahassee community. But yeah, we have a bunch of events going on. We have the artist alley and the vendor hall, which is in this big ballroom. We have vendors and artists selling their artwork. We have a maid cafe. We have a murder mystery event. We have a gaming room. We carry the contest, cosplay contest. We have special guests. So if you've ever been to an anime convention, it's essentially the same thing. It's just for free.

**Chair Staveski:** So you mentioned earlier in your presentation that you had some security issues in the past. Can you expand on those if you can? If you can, it's totally okay.

**Speaker:** So I've been a part of the past two conventions, but I wasn't high up on the list, but I've been involved. And to my extent, my knowledge, they have never previously paid for security. They've just had it, I think when they needed it, that they just called them. So it led to incidents that happened, especially for last year. We had a really bad incident of sexual assault. No, it was sexual battery. Sexual battery, my mistake. So that is something we're trying to completely avoid. So that's pretty much why we're asking. And then it's mainly just because I know, I think for FREECON 18, so two years ago, I think somebody did mention that there was like a fight that happened. It's like general things that kind of tend to happen. You get a large amount of people in one space. And obviously we're trying to prevent that from happening again. And so that's why we're working with FSUPD this year. Beyond just telling them, hey, we're going to have a

convention, and we'll call you so it happens. We want them to be at the union if something does happen.

**Chair Staveski:** I just want to clarify as to what you're requesting for. What do you want? What's your preferred one out of these options?

**Speaker:** Okay, so the all security expenses, that is like, it's basically not negotiable. At this point, that amount of money will be paid, the 4,294 figure, because the numbers with the two FSUPD and five century guards is what they have told us what we will need. And so basically, we're just asking for whatever you guys would be comfortable funding us up to. Because we know that once you get above 2,000, that's when it starts getting more kind of stringent. And we're already close to that with our request. I don't know if they count also the last one as well for that. It'd be great if we get that all amount more. But we understand because obviously PAC tries to spread it out to like a bunch of different groups. We do understand if you guys can't. But we were just basically asking for however much you guys would be comfortable having.

**Chair Staveski:** Can you also explain the difference between just the FSUPD and sentry?

**Speaker:** Oh, so the reason why is just mostly because I think from what I remember of FSU PD Officer Kelly me is that the security is just to keep the people safe. But FSU PD has to be involved since it's a thing on FSU campus. That's why.

**Chair Staveski:** How much money do you have in your account to put towards this?

**Speaker:** So if we take into account the money fundraised this year and then and the money we had much over from last year, we basically have \$6,811.50. And if, so basically we would have, if we pay for our security, we would have \$2,517.50 leftover. We tried to maintain a cushion between different years so that next year when we do have to start planning super early before we've been able to start fundraising, we do have money that we could dedicate to the ballroom rent and more auditorium. So yeah, we would have, if we pay for all the security, not taking into account a bunch of other expenses we still have, we would have \$2,517.50.

**Chair Staveski moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.**

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

**Newsome:** How much were they funded the last time they came?

**Staveski:** \$1700 last time, I feel bad they didn't get this cost in in their last request so I would feel fine giving them a third later.

**Holliday:** I would feel fine fully funding this

- **Closing:** Chair Staveski moves to fund the amount of \$4294 in contractual services

**Chair Staveski administers the vote.**

- **Yay:** Newsome, Holliday, Castellanos
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:** Noah

**Funding Total: \$4294**

- **Chabad @ FSU**

- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/SZtQ9Zf0EfJLMotUGYIz-LThgMMKiQ5OQi42fJwFFfXrluU2P-cxvTW3laRikfH0tSnrc%2EI3pxSZQuHx-Rf7l6q2fZlQjcJkSaxDy0d3ZEICpyXIAYmNO7x%2EBVpt6R8QSW7qvU->



**Speaker 2:** I was going to pitch in and say, so we had basically the same event last year, and I think we had around 150 people attending. So I expect the same amount of people. It's not more because we have a lot more active members this year. Yeah, that's the other thing.

**Speaker:** This year has been a lot more active because I was involved last year as well. So, yeah, it's definitely going to be a lot of people. It's going to be a big event. So, yeah, I would probably say, I mean, yeah, if we had 150 last year, I would say probably 200 would be probably the low end I'd expect this year. We have a lot of new freshmen involved and a lot of continued involvement from the upperclassmen as well.

**Chair Staveski moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.**

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

**Holliday:** Really cut and dry. It's like 10 bucks per person. And I think they'll get more than that, honestly.

**Staveski:** I'd be shocked if they didn't. And we usually fund \$15 a person like for food without even thinking about it.

- **Closing: Motion to fund the amounts of \$1450.63 in food and \$491.32 in Expenses**

**Chair Staveski administers the vote.**

- **Yay: Holliday, Newsome, Noah, Castellanos**
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

**Funding Total: \$1941.95**

- **Diverse World Fashion Magazine**

- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/i9SjXr1j0rdhukUiFxxr%2EJmgNCJmTcOztgEBCeoh5rz6PklyoP01TAdU5XJCEhu7L92%2EJhrT2-BFjwQ1KVO%2E1cVJT05r8GiUSStCxSpOHZoH5wX6k1cApiwpLzGizeTHu8A3UXRypL0KZPXwihqw4lyvgU0GPRcn9E0k7CbPqr-FY-ID1K4N3r7nVGPa5D0HDQlwsjWKPsiV601uSnzWk8WcHiTFrPLZ26w3-Kn-uw4YVWhjffU8a-2QWykLcceg%2EuEboZ4K8GK7cSwHflhZ%2EBHZ%2EqdNHebXGZqtdHMXkLNW%2ERHxL9aJ7xpiSHA-P3DtnbZ2DTF-kh9msBgSkeiJFQ>

- **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for: \$5000
- Date Request Submitted: 2/18
- Date of Event: N/A
- Number of Active Members: 138
- Number expected to come: N/A
- Fundraised: \$2400

- **Opening:**

So we're at Diverse World Fashion Magazine, and I'll just, like, fly through this really quickly. Just wanted to give you guys some brief information and understand why we're requesting what we are. So a little bit of background information. D.W.F is an on-campus fashion magazine. We highlight diversity and creativity through all different forms of art

that go in the fashion magazine and just really highlight the diversity of the FSU campus. Right now, we have 130 members in our group chat, but normally throughout the semester, we always have more members. Last semester, we ended with around 160 members by the end of the semester. So the number's always growing because we do have rolling admission, technically. And on average, we throw about three fundraisers a semester, raising around \$300. Last semester, we raised about \$350 to \$400. But this is just all through Share It Nights that we get our fundraiser money from. And then we do have optional dues of \$35, which I brought to include on this part, per member. But typically, we only have about, like, one-third of our members pay that because, again, the dues are optional. That just really secures them a magazine if we don't have the funds to print. But typically, we only have about, like, one-third of our members pay that because, again, the dues are optional. That just really secures them a magazine if we don't have the funds to print. Some for everybody, but, again, they are optional dues. And then all models that are in our magazine, they all get a copy of the magazine just for putting in the time to be in the magazine and show it. So let me go into our request email. We are requesting \$5,000, and I'll get down into the details about that. So for our magazine printing quotes, we do typically go with the cheapest printing company just, again, because we don't have the funds to get nice and printing companies. But we've been using Target Mail for about two years now, and every semester of the magazine just fall apart. Kendall can show you on her screen. I don't know if you guys are going to be able to see her, but she has a copy of the magazine with pages that are just constantly falling out. They fall out the release party. They're just cheaply made. So that's why we're asking for a bit more money this semester because we really want to put it all towards printing. And then, again, these quotes are for 115 members, but obviously, our goal as an RSO is try to get as many magazines to FSU student body as possible. So typically, we want to try to print around 200 magazines. So these quotes, just keep in mind, are for 115 magazines, and you can imagine how high they would be for about 200 copies. And then, these are just the quotes that I just showed them. And then I also included a release party quote just so you guys could see how expensive, typically, a release party is because that is where we pass out the magazines to our members and to the FSU student body. It's open to everyone for the release party, so anyone's able to go. But we just want to show this, that it's just typically expensive to get those magazines out. So I just wanted to provide these quotes so you guys can also get a better understanding of why we're requesting so much money from you guys. So then these are the emails that we got from them, which I'm sure you guys have seen.

- **Questioning:**

**Holliday:** Is any FSU student able to get these whether they are in your club or not?

**Speaker:** Yes, that is why we also want to print more.

**Castellanos:** Did you guys raise any money for this?

**Speaker:** Yes we just had our first fundraiser last week and we are having another this week which are share it nights. We also do guest bartending at MadSo we have just had some problems with getting money from them on time but we might do that again.

**Chair Staveski:** What is your preferred vendor for the party?

**Speaker:** Township and for printing we prefer Gandhi.

**Chair Staveski:** How many members are in your org and how many magazines are you printing?

**Speaker:** We have 130 members right now and we are hoping to print at least 200.

**Chair Staveski:** How many have you printed in three of these years?

**Speaker:** Last semester, I believe we printed 115 magazines, and then before that, it really just depends on how many members we have, but typically around, like, the 115 to 150, they are our group, but we've just done really good as a magazine this past year, so we have a lot more people coming to our event sales, which is why we are updating them.

**Staveski:** Why aren't you guys using student pubs for this?

**Speaker:** For printing? Yeah. We just have never used it in the past before. Like, ever since I joined the magazine, it's always been through second source. I don't know if there's any reason why. I just don't have a lot of information about student publications. So that's the reason for that

**Staveski:** Second question was, on your request, it said 200 magazines, and you guys had mentioned that. And then on the quotes we were looking at them, it said 150. **Speaker:** Yeah, the 150 was just because that's when we were doing the quotes, because that's what we've done for quotes in the past, just because that's typically, like, around where the numbers are. So on the quotes, they have, like, how much it would be per magazine. So I apologize about that. It was just because when I was doing the books for them, it's just we had, like, a lower amount of numbers at the time than we did then. So, but yeah, we're aiming for 200, but again, typically it's around, like, 150, where we would print out, actually.

**Staveski:** Okay, perfect. So last year you said you had 115 magazines, right? How quickly did those run out? Did they run out at the release party, or did you have, like, extras for a while?

**Speaker:** They ran out at the release party. I do still have extras, but the extra ones are for the models. We just weren't able to pick them up, because, like I said, there are models in the magazine to free copy, and at the time we just didn't want to give them out just in case the model showed up at the time. Another, like, big thing that we wanted to print extra mags for is, like, a lot of people want to take more than one magazine to, like, give to their family and stuff, because obviously they're super proud of their work, and we usually can only let people take one, because obviously we want everybody to be able to get one who worked on the mag and stuff, so that is also why we increased our number up to 200.

**Staveski:** One last question. We saw the U.S. fund raise \$2,400. Could you guys tell us where that money went? Fundraise?

**Speaker:** Oh, last semester? That went towards printing.

**Staveski :** So you guys weren't having any more money for printing this semester. Yeah, no. Sorry, but you said fundraising. I thought you'd do that for sure. And I was like, I don't think that was us. Yeah, no. That went all towards printing actually. I think we had about, like, the way he evened out, I think we had about, like, \$34 left.

**Chair Staveski moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.**

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

**Castellanos:** They are asking for \$5,000, right? Yes. And it's just for magazines and for township?

**Staveski:** Yes.

**Castellanos:** And how much do we have left on PAC?

**Staveski:** \$49,000, I believe. Okay. I can verify that one for all time. And I have to open it and hope that they can't purchase alcohol at township.

**Castellanos:** \$5,000 is low key at all. And I feel like people in Senate will definitely think the same thing.

**Staveski:** Mm-hmm. I agree.

**Newsome:** Do you guys remember the numbers for, like, reserving township? I saw them in the... \$2,000. And then it was, like, \$18? What was it for the prices of the magazines? Was it \$2,000? More than \$2,000?

**Staveski:** I have the presentation pulled up. Gandhi Printer's was their preferred one. It was \$3,600. I mean, that is for 150 magazines.

**Holliday:** Oh, they only requested 150 magazines? Mm-hmm. Okay. Even though, like, they think they will need more. I don't know, though, because if they only had 115 last year, that's a pretty big jump.

**Staveski:** We could ask them how quickly the magazines... We could bring them back in and ask them how quickly the magazines went last year if they had, like, extras after the release party. Because I don't want it to be a situation where we fund 150 based on their increased membership and then the magazines, like, sit in boxes. Yeah.

**Castellanos:** And I was also going to ask, how come, like, they don't reach out to student pubs? Or they just don't like the student pubs materials or something?

**Staveski:** I'm not sure. Can student clubs do magazines?

**Castellanos:** I'm sure they do. Well, I'm not sure. Like, well, I don't know. I can maybe look it up. But I know for HLSU, they kind of did, like, a small magazine. Obviously, it wasn't the best, but in the Becca magazine.

**Staveski:** We could bring them back in and ask them these questions.

**Holliday:** Could we do 175, because I feel 200 is too much

**Staveski:** You can amend to whatever you want. That's the beauty of it.

**Holliday:** Would you all feel better about that instead of like 200 or 150? Oh, gosh. What would that number be, Alexis?

**Staveski:** I can do it. It's okay. So to fund for 175 magazine, that would be \$4573. But then there's still the \$1000 for Township? Yes. We don't have to fund for Township. We can partially fund.

**Castellanos:** They have 2400. Did they waste that already?

**Staveski:** We can ask. They might just keep it as a cushion. Oh, okay. They also... For other parts of the show, I don't know what they do for clothing, but they might use it by clothing or just other events throughout the year.

**Holliday:** Half-fund township maybe?

**Newsome:** I would second that

**Castellanos:** feel like that's kind of better because if they are going to fund raise, I feel like they can make \$500.



**Staveski:** Okay. Yeah. Yeah. Okay. Okay. So that would be \$4,573 in expense? Yeah. \$4,573.73 in expense and then \$500 in contractual services or would that be in food?

- **Closing: Motion to fund the amounts of \$4573.73 in expense and \$500 in food**

**Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.**

- **Yay: Castellanos, Holliday, Newsome**
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

**Funding Total: \$5073.73**

- **Philosophy Club**

- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/X5qd3Orskn5ei1cqlwgTZC6mwV-WH1MKIHEPNT4hqN9J3CSEZ%2EVcZGCEIj8dSXdPQumP080Y-jU-dqXdJGESDSDnehWWFFZY%2E7BPaN6hnLwj5uaaHF%2EAPEcTpT5W8Xi5NatYLM6NxtzSKjY39USlum5coaWulG4jjOiPtgpnnNwgHZdQzyqOLKdRgye3kguvbPUxukPikZM%2EPIDclrXlxQTVrr7j9BD8Gjr73pyD-BgLfRZnrRresLvl57IN64HK2oD-72yCSlr8ozfNXFXm6IK31FJMOsLGwKatsS7VNs8N8-LhS5nqcRD0STQCCsFH-ganiXmYaahfTre-s8au9A>

- **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for: \$950
- Date Request Submitted: 2/19
- Date of Event: Every Friday @ 1pm
- Number of Active Members: 25
- Number expected to come: 15
- Fundraised: \$50

- **Opening:**

**Speaker:** Okay, so I'm here on behalf of FSU's Philosophy Club. It's a club of undergraduate and graduate philosophy students as well as minor philosophy students, minor in philosophy, or people who just have a passive interest, who also have their students from economics and philosophy as well. I am here to ask you guys for a, for financing for a reading group or a philosophy book club that we're trying to start here. One of the only courses that FSU does not offer to undergraduate or graduate students is legal philosophy. They have American philosophy. They have, basically, every single area of Europe. They have ancient philosophy, Indian philosophy, Eastern, or they have Eastern philosophy, but they don't offer Indian philosophy, of course. They have American philosophy. They have, basically, every single area of Europe. They have ancient philosophy, Indian philosophy, Eastern, or they have Eastern philosophy, but they don't offer this philosophy, of course. It's on their roster, but they don't have anything that's going to teach it, but we finally, currently, grad students specializing in it is going to help the community here learn more about it. So we want to help students bolster their engagement. If they are in a current philosophy class, we want them to be able to spend more time outside of the classroom if they don't have time for a philosophy class, we want them to be able to continue to be able to do philosophy still in their undergraduate experience. We also would like to add more engagement just for our philosophy club because right now we mostly just have lectures. So the current four books that we have

selected as our top four are An Introduction to Tom Spines' Metaphysics, The Constellation of Philosophy by Uethius, Unlearned Hate Narts by Nicholas Acusa, and David Gistro by St. Augustine. Each of these ends up being around \$15, and we're currently hoping to have around 12 to 15 copies so that we can ensure that everyone has a copy set, that we can spend an hour together reading it and an hour together after that discussing it. Currently, we're set for Fridays, but we're still kind of pointing out the time making sure that we can maximize the amount for other people. It's very important that we're able to read from these books because we're very interested in learning about these topics. A lot of these cover philosophy of education, philosophy of science, philosophy of history, and ethics as well. We have a few other books, but those were selected kind of as the top four favorites when we decided to deliberate about those. And currently our location is the Work-Mysteroom and Dodd Hall. We already have an arrangement there with the building coordinator and the philosophy department office manager. I believe that's his title. For the advertisements, we were planning on doing that over Instagram. We have our vice president and our secretary who together make these posts, and we could also print those out and put those out as flowers so we'll take a stream of information about that. Also, just kind of spreading word of mouth to people who aren't going to be interested in whatever grit they have in the industry that we have at the top.

- **Questioning:**

**Chair Staveski:** How many active members do you have in your organization? **Speaker:** Yeah, so I'd say most members probably attend on our, so our technical meetings are Fridays five p.m. Most members probably attend like two out of every three or two out of every four per month. And then that probably creates two rounds. And then the free group would include some, it would include most members of the club. Perfect.

**Staveski:** But if I wasn't in your club or a philosophy major, I could just like show up to the event and get a book?

**Speaker:** Yeah

**Holliday:** On the request for 950, is that for 12 or 15 books?

**Speaker:** Yeah, so that one was adjusted for 15. Yeah, we're requesting 15. I was just trying to speculate, if that request would not afford that, what that would look like.

**Newsome:** In terms of fundraising, I saw you all raised \$50 last year. Have you guys had any fundraising like this semester, or like this recently, for this specifically?

**Speaker:** Yeah, a lot of fundraising is really just people on our board that just are paying for it on our pocket. We don't feel comfortable asking people to pay themselves. We just want them to know there's no pressure. Then we show up and just so they can have a safe environment to tell them about cool things with each other.

**moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.**

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

**Castellanos:** I say fund them

**Newsome:** Yes I love this idea its so cute

- **Closing: Motion to find the amount of \$950 in the expense category**

**Vice Chair Staveski administers the vote.**

- **Yay: Holliday, Castellanos, Newsome**

- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

**Funding Total: \$950**

- **VENSA**

- Application Link: <https://fsu.yul1.qualtrics.com/apps/single-response-reports/reports/0z6Apb9WrLQvC2OK9tp4CJRFB7Ta%2ENZvAKXu-NUVYiXG8Gg5bDcxoEaxrrsFFVgcsKwZCraanVrdilel3dMZK0LvxG%2EhICBE4GGqBqKeFdmYtTdWZluXt4LyK5Xuy-ETI%2EPbm1sUy46eZpbRESmk8gaz9lcEkgKTJLgaEAvyobNFRMS5fRI6A22qVwant84shuGnjzf62X-8-QncAj3IYX9UwWTwvNQshsq7QK3DqA9PTRya4fEOMvTeZuGZHj3CnDzhB64Swp8%2EPamwXyNfT1ye-UIZIG4CInc-eaD%2EJ8v9Iklu9RrJ0aJk4jRnk0YIdEM2KrWxKaWMVGq26s5BsA>

- **Preliminary Questions:**

- Asking for: \$3161.11
- Date Request Submitted: 2/22
- Date of Event: 4/13 @ 6pm
- Number of Active Members: 120
- Number expected to come: 120
- Fundraised: \$1500

- **Opening:**

So hi everybody, my name is Pedro Zulaga, a lot of you guys know me as Pepe. I'm the public relations chair for the Venezuela Student Association, and I'm here representing in front of the pack. Today we are coming to you for funding for our end of year event, which is gonna be named Caracas en el Dos Milgala, which is based on a song by Danny Ocean, probably the most famous Venezuelan artist in the scene right now. And it's going to be an event that is gonna combine not only Venezuelan students, but all students around campus. Anybody can come free of charge, no matter what. And here's our spreadsheet for all the event budget. We basically created a budget for it, and we came here to show you guys that we are not only asking you guys for money, but we are putting in our own money. So the way this is split out, the way we're asking from pack is the sound system, our comedian, and the food. So the sound system is 120, as stated above, it's a quote from CDU. It would just be for basically like the microphones and everything for the comedian to be able to perform. And we're also gonna open it, so we're gonna have a Venezuelan girl open and sing. In addition, our entertainment section shows Angelo. Angelo is Angelo Colina, is a Venezuelan comedian that has been crazy on the scene now. He sells out shows of upwards of 500 people. He's increased following by about 15,000 in the last two months. And he's a very nationwide known comedian. So we reached out to him and he's willing to come to us for a discounted fee of 1,250. And then we'd also be paying for his travel and his hotel. We have spoken to Angelo directly. He's also gonna help us with the marketing. It's gonna be a whole fiasco that I'm really excited for you guys to witness. And then lastly, the food section, we are going to be asking for \$1,341.11 because we wanted originally vented bites to give us the food. But after getting quotes from Legacy Catering, we just thought it was impossible to let that down because

they were also able to give us beef instead of only chicken. So basically our buffet is gonna include our Pabellon Criollo, which is our national dish, which is rice, beans, shredded beef, and plantains. And we're also gonna have a chicken option for people that don't eat beef. And in addition, we're also getting dessert of quesillo. We chose this over vented bites because we got basically a \$400 discount just going through the Legacy Catering and they are also Hispanic.

- **Questioning:**

**Holliday:** Yeah, did you have any alternative options for his travel and housing or were 250 and 200 the only options?

**Speaker:** So that is the quote his manager gave us. He's flying in from another place on his tour and that's at the absolute minimum that he could have given us. He honestly just quoted that for us and we're already getting a such discounted rate. Like this man is selling out shows of over 300 people that we weren't really in the business of being like, oh yeah, by the way, can we get a discount on the hotel and everything scroll. I'm just not taking it all in.

**Newsome:** How many people do you estimate?

**Speaker:** So our estimated attendance is 120 people. We're super excited. This is Vensa as an affiliate. Two years ago, where our membership was out like 20 people, 20, 30 people, we now have over like 120 active members and we're trying to increase our outreach to not only the HLSU community, but all of campus. And you could just see that by the people that are on our board. I'm here representing Vensa, Ultimate Senate, and Student Foundation. And a bunch of people on our board reached all different sides of campus. So we hope you guys can understand how big of an event we want this to be.

**moves to enter roundtable discussion. seconds.**

- **Roundtable Discussion:**

**Castellanos:** I think we should fund them I feel like like just Vensa in general, they have been doing very good as an affiliate. Like a lot of the other affiliates have been going to all of the events and I feel like they've done enough outreach like before this event. So I feel like if we do fund them, they'll have more than what they think they'll have.

**Staveski:** I agree. Usually these events they're like, oh yeah, we were expecting 150 people, but 200 came, we ran out of food. Like I hear that a lot from like affiliates just because they pull in so many people from around the agency.

- **Closing: Motion to find the amounts of \$1700 in the contractual services category, \$1341.11 in the food category, and \$120 in the expenses category**

**Chair Staveski administers the vote.**

- **Yay: Holliday, Castellanos, Newsome**
- **Nay:**
- **Abstain:**

**Funding Total: \$3161.11**

---

**Current funding amount: \$49,398.40**

**Unfinished Business: N/A**

**Final Budget: \$33,969.61**

**Final Announcements: N/A**

**Date and Time of Next Meeting: 3/4/24 @ 6:30 PM**

**Adjourned:**