

Megan: The bill I think we could have ready if we just know numbers

Keagan: I can ask lauryl because i'm not sure if exec is still planning on matching us

Megan: Updates I have: So I talked to Elizabeth Swiman about a project Patrick and I started two years ago and had meetings about. SHe gave me guidelines on how to approach it this time around. Carson I sent you a message about this and I wanted to talk to Gabe to see if we could get Presidential Scholars involved with it so its more than one semester. I can also talk to Sam about it and see how long the ad hoc is going to last for. But they are overall very interested in helping, and housing said the same thing.

Keagan: The housing person responded but their schedule was confusing so I need to reply to him.

Megan: Yeah so we have the support from Swiman but need to figure out how to make it long term.

Keagan: Sam says we need to focus on immediate projects.

Megan: Mario would purg be interested in this project?

Mario: what are we talking about?

Megan: Adding recycling efforts to IRHC.

Keagan: It seems simple but these people are so busy and we need to make sure that we'll be able to meet them long enough to actually get these things done. So we need a group that can take on the project for a school year.

Carson: Maybe we have the IRHC take this on directly.

Keagan: We do have a senate liaison that could potentially bring this on. So maybe if one of the directors take it on as a passion project and hand it off.

Carson: yeah that way we aren't a middle man unnecessarily

Andres: Purg could help make graphics and work with IRHC on that so that the middle man is more permanent.

Keagan: Yes that way its not just all on senate which is more fast paced and doesn't have the longevity to focus on this as a long term project.

Megan: The director of housing also said that ideally it would be a small group to avoid confusion. Reason I started this was because i thought we could fund more, but they have them and need the resources for logistics.

Keagna: So lets see if we can reach out to the director of IRHC to get this tackled.

Megan: We can try and get them all on the meeting on the same day. That way everyone interested can hear it and start talking.

Keagan: I know we'd talked about adding more restrictions via A&S fees.

Mario: Maybe we can talk about getting rid of plastic straws, plastic bags,

Keagan: I don't know if people would be buying plastic bags in the first place

Carson: Maybe red solo cups

Keagan: We could talk to union board about getting guidelines added for RSO's on how to create sustainable events. We would have to be quick about that to make sure we don't miss the chance with upcoming elections. I can reach out to Hailey Powers who I believe is the chair and try and get that sorted. I will reach out about the A&S fees, talk to IRHC, Megan and I will be working on drafting up the legislation for the bike locks to get them out to students. We're thinking about doing like a renting process for that. And then I'll talk to Hailey about doing something with the Union Board. Anything else? Everyone having a good week?

Andres: I've had a great week, very chill school related stuff so far.

Keagan: I already have midterms coming up which is crazy.

Mario: What about asking about the senate awards:

KEagan: I'll add to the list. I say we write up the legislation now and then go from there. After getting input we can finalize the bill or move from there.

Mario: In the handbook there are no recognitions as it relates to sustainability?

Keagan: Nothing even mentioning sustainability.

Mario: For outlines and everything with the bill I have an outline that could be a reference point moving forward.

Mario: About writing bills for the senate, are there any resources for writing, formatting, conventions that I could look at just so that I am more familiar with it so that I can help out.

Keagan: Yeah! If you go on the SGA website they have templates that you're able to use I can send some helpful info over on group me. Obviously each bill is different based on what it is pertaining to.

Megan: anything else? No okay, we'll meet at same time next week, sorry about the confusion for the link. The one on website always should work because if it isn't working then we legally can't meet. But yeah next week at 3 I'll let you all know if anything changes