HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Check out our student run programs promoting sustainability on campus! There are 13 organizations under our FSU Sustainable Campus umbrella so there is something for everyone! http://sustainablecampus.fsu.edu/
OSS Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FSUStudentSustainability/?ref=settings
Sustainable Campus Facebook Page: facebook.com/fsusustainable
Sustainable Campus Twitter: twitter.com/fsusustainable
Again, we have an office on the second floor of the union office A224. If you would like to meet with OSS, please contact us by email. We look forward to hearing from you!
Also subscribe to their email for local environmental events and internships by sending a request to ESwiman@admin.fsu.edu
Environmental Service Program:
ESP is a student-run organization which aims to engage students and community members with the environment around them through education, service, and advocacy. They focus on the Red Hills bio-region surrounding Tallahassee, conducting educational service field trips and hosting speakers on pertinent environmental topics, encouraging sustainable lifestyles that connect humans with the environment. They take an active approach, empowering students to take action on important issues they feel strongly about as well as volunteering for causes.
- Join their facebook group for more info on events and meetings: (https://www.facebook.com/groups/fsuESP/)
- If you have any questions, you can contact ESP at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow them on Instagram: @EnvironmentalServiceProgram
Ethical Food Association:
EFA was created to inform FSU students about the consequences of western food culture and to advocate proactive behavior that is conducive to the wellbeing of the planet, animals, and humans, such as adopting vegetarian/vegan diet, becoming involved with local agriculture, and choosing ethical food options. EFA helps students make decisions regarding their food options that are harmonious with their psychological and biological health and their environment.
- Join their facebook group for more info on events and meetings. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/EatingWithYourEyesOpen/)
- If you have questions, you can contact EFA at email@example.com
Sustainable Engineered Solutions:
The purpose of this organization is to generate interest as well as research sustainable energy solutions. Students will design, model, and build projects that will revolutionize the way people think about energy.
Younger engineering students will gain knowledge in the development process from beginning design to implementation. Other disciplines will be able to contribute by directly applying their curriculum to “real world” problems.
- Join their facebook group for more info on events and meetings: (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ses.fsu/)
Florida Association of Environmental Professionals:
A club meant for professional contact and information exchange among colleagues in business, government, and academics. We meet once a month and listen to speakers from a variety of different environmental professions. Joining FSU FAEP will not only help you network with real professionals, but also with FSU students interested in various environmental fields.Joining FSU FAEP will not only help you network with real professionals, but also with FSU students interested in various environmental fields.
- Join their facebook group for more info on events and meetings. (https://www.facebook.com/FSUFAEP)
- If you have questions, you can contact EFA at firstname.lastname@example.org