Secretaries & Treasurers·
RTAC & PAC
Agency Assistant Directors
Chief of Staff
Deputy Chief of Staff
Safety and Health
Secretaries & Treasurers
• What are the duties and responsibilities of your position?
• What previous experience qualifies you for this position?
• How do you intend to use your position to make your organization more efficient?
• Can you fully commit to the demands of this position?
• (for treasurer) Are you familiar with the A&S fee funding process?
• (for treasurer) Do you know what the budget for you organization in the next fiscal year will be?
• How familiar are you with the Student Body Statutes and Constitution?
• If approved for this position would you have any potential conflicts of interest?
• What past experiences qualify you for this position?
• Can you fully commit the time necessary for this position?
• What is your approach to statute interpretation?
• How would you carry out your duty to represent students before the Supreme Court?
• What experiences qualify you for this position?
• How would you share responsibility with the other General Counsel?
• What is a problem that you have seen on campus that you want to fix?
• What are the 5 standing committees of Senate, and what are their functions?
• What led you to becoming interested in becoming a student senator?
• Will you be able to commit fully to your position?
• What is the purpose of the SGA senate?
• What are some ideas you have to facilitate better communications with your constituents?
• How will you improve the FSU experience for your constituents?
• Will you be a senator who works behind the scenes or a senator who actively legislates?
• As an appointed senator who has not been elected, how will you convince your constituents that you are as much a legitimate leader as their previously elected senator?
• What does RTAC or PAC stand for?
• What is the budget of your board for the next fiscal year?
• How familiar are you with the finance code?
• What qualifies you for this position?
Secretary of Academic Affairs
• What is the current state of academic affairs at FSU? How can SGA improve things in this area?
• What are some specific ideas you have for projects to build partnerships with colleges/ departments, and create research opportunities for students?
• What are some specific academically driven goals that you would like the administration to implement?
• Why are research opportunities important for undergraduate students?
• Will you fill the role of a visionary, or will you be more of an advocate for students in the realm of academics?
• What are your ideas for improving the college leadership councils?
• What is your leadership style?
Secretary of the Arts
• Why is it important for the FSU campus to have a rich artistic heritage?
• Why are you the best advocate for the College of Music; College of Visual Arts, Theatre, and Dance; and the College of Motion Picture Arts?
• How do you plan to bring these colleges closer to the SGA and the student body?
• What are some specific ideas for programming that you would like to implement?
• How might these programs benefit the student body?
Secretary of Administrative Affairs
• How would you define the collective voice of the SGA?
• What are some specific organizations and/or individuals within the community that you would partner with to help advance FSU?
• What are some ideas you have for improving communication between SGA entities?
• With six agencies and seven bureaus, plus many other projects and initiatives to keep track of, how will you manage to keep everything running smoothly?
Secretary of Campus Affairs
• What are the benefits of connecting our students to the numerous leadership and professional development opportunities that SGA has to offer?
• Why is having access to multicultural experiences important to the student body?
• How would you rate the current level of programs, which promote leadership, professional development, and multicultural experiences?
• What are some specific ideas you have to promote involvement among the student body?
• How do plan to utilize various campus offices, such as the Center for Leadership and Social Change, to achieve these goals?
Secretary of Safety and Health
• Why is a healthy student body critical to maintaining the quality of the FSU campus?
• Why is it important for FSU to offer a comprehensive health insurance plan for its students?
• How will you foster relations with the Student Health Services, Campus Police, Campus Recreation, and Seminole Dining to promote health and wellness on campus?
• How will you use this office to improve health and safety on campus?
Secretary of Departmental Affairs
• Why is it important to have consistent communication between all entities of SGA?
• With so many departments to keep track of, how will you manage to keep everything running smoothly?
• What are some ideas you have for new structures and initiatives to help SGA support the efforts of different campus departments?
• Would you say that stronger unity between departments is in the interest of the student body? If so, how will you use this position to strengthen these bonds?
• Who are some specific individuals in SGA you plan to work with to improve communication among the departments?
Secretary of Communication
• What connections do you have with the various media outlets?
• How can SGA improve relations with FSView?
• What are some policies and stances of the administration in which you have been nominated to serve?
• Why is it important for the administration to communicate these policies and stances?
• How do you plan to use social media to further goals of the administration?
Student Body Chief of Staff
• Why is the Chief of Staff such an important position in SGA? Why should the students trust you to get the job done?
• How you will you effectively execute programs and/or projects for the executive branch.
• How will you organize the Executive Office of the President to best serve the student body?
• What will you look for in applicants for positions within agencies, bureaus, and affiliated projects of the SGA?
• What are the roles of the Executive Branch and the Legislative Branch as they pertain to appointments in the cabinet, agencies, and bureaus?
Student Body Deputy Chief of Staff
• How will your leadership style affect how you organize the cabinet to achieve platform goals?
• How will you act as a liaison between the Executive and Legislative branches?
• How will your leadership style help organize the cabinet to further their goals?
• What problems can you foresee in the coming year that you wish to overcome?
• How will you use this experience to grow as an individual?
• Who makes up the electorate?
• Why are contested elections important for the democratic process?
• What will you do to ensure that participation in elections and voter turnout are high?
• What are some ideas you have for improving the elections code?
• What are the duties and responsibilities of the position that you are applying for?
• During your term of office what is your organization’s operational budget?
• How will the difference in funding allocated in the previous year from funding received for this year impact your programing ideas?
• Describe your experience working with this organization in the past or working on a project that is related to the mission statement of the organization.
• Give an example of a project that you have taken the lead on. What was the outcome and what did you learn from the experience?
• What are the prevalent issues of those who identify with the identity group that the organization represents face at Florida State University?
• What plan of action or programing will you implement to address those issues?
• How will you work with the affiliated organizations of the agency?
• Describe your approach to leadership.
• Give a specific example of a difficulty that you have experienced when working with this agency and how did you handle it?
Agency Assistant Director
• What are the prevalent issues that your constituency face at Florida State University?
©Florida State University Student Government Association. All rights reserved. Site Design by Student Government Webmaster. For further information please contact us here • (850) 644-1811 Oglesby Union, 75 N. Woodward Ave., P.O. Box 3064027, Tallahassee, FL 32306-4027