Due to a large number of submitted applications, all funding for attendance grants for conferences from March-June are exhausted. Please check this site regularly for any updates.
Attendance Grant Funds Available March-June Balance: $0
You must be a registered FSU graduate student at the time you travel to your conference.
- Conference registration form with billing information that lists you as a registrant
Please Note: If this is your second grant for this fiscal year (July 1 Current Year-June 30 Following Year), you are required to provide a letter stating any financial support for the conference. This letter must come from your department by one of the following sources: 1) Department Chair of which you are a member or, 2) Your academic advisor
- As COGS is funded by Student Activities and Service (A&S) fees those students who are funded by state fee waivers (and therefore do not pay these fees) are not eligible to receive funds from this program.
- Applications must be received by COGS completed and accompanied by the required documentation no less than 15 business days prior to your departure. Late applications will NOT be processed, nor will applications submitted after travel has commenced.
- Please note that funding for this program is available only for those attending a conference or workshop. This includes the presentation of scholarly papers, research abstracts, creative endeavors and performances (such as poetry readings, art exhibitions, and musical or theatre performances). This does not include assisting with physical set up, supervision of a conference or assisting presenters.
- Please save all of your receipts when you travel. Receipts totaling the amount awarded ($100) as well as the cover page from the program must be submitted online to the following link:( https://fsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eJbeWSzba2TGbml) Attendance Grant Receipt Submission within 30 calendar days from the end of the conference.
Receipts must include:
Other Important Information:
Date of Purchase
Reprinted vendor name and address
Itemization of the purchase
E-Tickets MUST include billing information; otherwise they are a reservation, not a receipt
COGS regards these grants as a precious resource for graduate students but is limited to the constraints of the COGS budget. These grants are made available on a first come first serve basis. Once the funds are spoken for, COGS cannot issue any more grants REGARDLESS of an individual’s eligibility status. We will put you on a waiting list and notify you if more funding becomes available.
- July 1-October 31
- November 1-February 29
- March 1-June 30
EARLIEST TIME YOU CAN APPLY
- October 1
- February 1
Outside continental U.S. (foreign countries Alaska, Hawaii): $100
Within the continental U.S. (more than 100 miles from Florida State University): $100
Students are limited to two (2) grants (either presentation, conference attendance, or some combination thereof) per fiscal year (July 1 Current Year-June 30 Following Year).The maximum awarded amount in travel grants for any given student is $600 in any single fiscal year.
PLEASE NOTE: All rules regarding this award are subject to change.
EXPENSES THAT CAN BE REIMBURSED
- Conference Registration Fees
- Meal Per Diems (Breakfast=$6, Lunch=$11, Dinner=$19)
- Map Mileage (if personal vehicle was used)
- Parking Fees
- Baggage Fees
- Rental Car Fees (Please speak with your travel representative prior to reserving)