On September 13, 2007, as part of FSU Emergency Preparedness Week, the Department of Environmental Health and Safety, in collaboration with WFSU-TV, hosted “FSU Prepares,” a live television forum focusing on emergency preparedness and campus safety concerns.
Watch "FSU Prepares" Online Now! (1.5 hours)
“This was a great opportunity for students, faculty and staff to voice any questions or concerns they may have,” said forum coordinator Shannon Stott. “Each panelist had a different background and experience level. No question will be left unanswered.”
The show was moderated by Dave Bujak, FSU Emergency Management Coordinator.
Panelists for the event included:
- Ben Nelson, State Meteorologist, Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Ruben Almageur, Deputy Director, Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Richard Smith, Director, Leon County Emergency Management
- Robby Powers, Coordinator, Tallahassee Emergency Management
- Nancy Herndon, Division Chief, Tallahassee Fire Department
- Mac Kemp, Deputy Chief, Leon County Emergency Medical Services
- Chris Floyd, Chief Operations Officer, Capital Area Chapter, American Red Cross
- David Perry, Chief, FSU Police
- Andy Gonzalez, Campus Concerns Chairperson, FSU Student Government Association
- Robert Jakubik, Campus Security Secretary, FSU Student Government Association
Any questions regarding the program may still be sent to email@example.com and will be answered by the appropriate panelist. As the show was previously recorded, no additional phone calls will be taken.